Job Title: Leadership Development Specialist
Reports To: Leadership Development Sr. Manager
Hourly Rate: $19.50/hourly
Location: Mableton, GA
The Leadership Development Specialist is a full-time position, serving girls and volunteers by providing support to ensure effective delivery of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE). The Leadership Development Specialist is a member of the Mission Delivery team, which is responsible for girl and volunteer support. Primary focus of this position is support and retention of girls in 6th – 12th grades. In part, this position will support a new grant-funded initiative to increase the aerobic capacity of middle school girls in Georgia, through creation of specialty troops.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and retain adult volunteers and girl members by developing and delivering focused programs in the GSLE through high awards, entrepreneurship and life skills to girls across the Council.
- Support the Implementation of aerobic capacity programming, through recruitment of 14 sites, with a minimum service to 150 girls directly and 850 girls peer to peer by set deadlines.
- Document programming work to demonstrate progress toward accomplishment of program objectives, including accurate record keeping (program and evaluation data; financial records)
- Oversee girl-led initiatives, including Girls Advisory Council for aerobic capacity initiative, Camp CEO girl committee, Program Aides, etc. – ensuring active engagement and opportunities for Girl Scout Processes
- Planning and executing program experiences and events that support the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- Work with cross-functional team to determine or develop innovative strategies to ensure the effective support of troop leaders and program-grade levels within service units.
- Extend Girl Scouting to the community through, networking and relationship building with key community stakeholders.
- Act as an ambassador to promote the visibility of the Girl Scout organization including wearing a uniform when appropriate or on council business.
- Direct delivery of program as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of experience working in youth development
- Ability to commit to the organizational goals of the Council
- Must be Microsoft proficient
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with people, network with volunteers and employees
- Able to work cooperatively as a team member with staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize each
- The ability to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions
- Ability to meet designated deadlines
- Current Georgia driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Experience in working with middle school aged girls.
- Knowledge of researched-based physical activity.
- Strong and effective large group/small group presentation and management skills
- Excellent event planning, organizational and time-management skills
- Initiative to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions.
- Experience in collaborating with diverse groups of people such as volunteers, staff, community organizations and individuals.
- Knowledge of Girl Scout organization and the Girl Scout Leadership Experience or the willingness to learn.
- Able to speak effectively before individuals and groups and proactively communicate the value of the GSLE and Leadership Experiences to both internal and external audiences.
- Willingness or ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends.
- Willingness to attend staff, team and department meetings
- Some out of area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Requires the physical mobility to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Requires the physical ability to occasionally lift and carry objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
*Must successfully complete a criminal, motor vehicle and credit background check.