SPARC is a 501 c 3 non profit organization dedicated to strengthening single parent families. SPARC provides a variety of programs such as Motel to Home, Community Allies Program, Book Buddies, Financial Achievement Club and the New Neighborhood Initiative. SPARC works with families to support them on their journey from homelessness to stability. Once housed, SPARC provides aftercare programs to ensure all members of the family thrive. Book Buddies is such a program.
Book Buddies is a virtual reading program for elementary aged students in grades K-5 designed to increase literacy. Readers are paired with buddies who listen to them read and help them with words when they get stuck. SPARC is currently seeking an enthusiastic Program Coordinator to oversee all aspects of the Book Buddies program.
While Book Buddies is a virtual program, the Coordinator must be willing to travel the Metro Atlanta area to recruit and train volunteers, meet with partners and work with schools and apartment complexes.
This is a full time, 40 hour position that requires excellent communication skills, technical proficiency, attention to detail, ability to adhere to strict deadlines and an ability to work with various populations including elementary students, parents, educators and business/community partners. This position also requires evening work Monday – Thursday until 8pm.
· Securing partnerships with businesses, schools and apartment complexes
· Recruiting and training volunteers
· Recruiting and training student readers and parents
· Creating and maintaining the Book Buddies calendar
· Ensuring students are enrolled in Epic
· Organizing and overseeing all Book Buddies sessions
· Assist parents & volunteers with any technical issues
· Sending reminders to parents & Volunteers about upcoming sessions
· Secure pre and post reading levels from partner schools
· Remind Parents & volunteers to send in Evaluation Forms & Videos
· Complete and submit weekly/monthly reports
· Engage with volunteers for retention purposes
· Engage with parents to increase participation
· Collect, review and report on evaluations
· Track attendance of students and volunteers
· Professional written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in Excel
· Expertise in Zoom including ability to manage multiple breakout sessions and provide technical support during sessions
· Proficiency in managing multiple data sources
· Proficiency in Salesforce a plus
· Ability to work well with people in various community sectors