VICE PRESIDENT OF PROGRAM SERVICES
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the CEO, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta (BBBSMA) is seeking a dynamic and mission-driven Vice President of Program Services to join the agency at its headquarters located in Atlanta, Georgia.
The VP of Program Services will lead the Program Services Department of BBBSMA, including our Community Based and Site Based mentoring models. The VP will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all program areas. The VP will be responsible for leading the Program Department to ensure match growth, match retention, and match length goals through the leadership of customer relations, enrollment, match, and retention functions. The person in this role should be a catalyst with a vision who can create excitement and energy around the BBBSMA programs and is persuasive, persistent, and determined in pursuit of the organizations goals. An ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion and commitment to carry out BBBSMAs mission of defending and affirming the potential of all youth, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ideology, socioeconomic status, national origin, race or sexual orientation.
- Have a track record of effectively leading a performance-based and outcome-based program and staff
- Have developed strategic operational strategies that have taken a program or organization to the next stage of growth
- Have experience planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing, and following through while remaining highly energetic and focused
- Experience cultivating, hiring, and managing a high-performing team
- Demonstrate effectiveness in managing diverse stakeholders including but not limited to executives, employee groups, external vendors, and program participants
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications along with presentation skills, while being a persuasive, credible, and polished communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy
- Have proven influencing and relationship building skills with internal and external partners and people from various backgrounds and cultures
- Be a team builder with strong skills in management and leadership
- Support the development and roll-out of the Agencys strategic plan
- Set, communicate, and execute on Programs-specific vision and strategy
- Plan, lead and implement programs, designed to increase the match quality and length Big and Little match relationships that support the mission and agencys growth plan
- Represents Program Services in external funder/partner meetings, board meetings, and program committee meetings
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partner school(s)/school districts, nonprofit partners, and other external partners (i.e. government agencies) to expand our impact
- Ensure enrollment and match support processes are maintained including accurate records within departments and in accordance with Agency and National Standards of Practice, including a. Appropriate screening and matching of volunteers, youth, and families with a focus on child safety, and including professional communication with all interested parties, b. Excellent customer service, supervision, and coaching of matches to encourage strong relationships, positive outcomes, and ensure child safety.
- Responsible for overseeing a department of approximately 30 staff including director and mid-management level
- Responsible for developing the annual budget, monitoring programs, training, performance reviews, and development processes that ensure staff performance, accountability and promote appropriate levels of autonomy
- Monitor organization effectiveness and program performance using a workflow database (CRM), compile accurate information for reports, tracking performance and develop measures to maximize productivity, ensure growth and manage risk
- Communicate the agencys branded message internally and externally, and represents the agency in community meetings and through collaborations with other service providers
- Assists in the development of grants and proposals to support the agencys fund-raising agenda and assists with mandated reporting requirements for grant initiatives and other targeted funding sources
- Cultivate an innovative culture that empowers the Programs team to identify and solve challenges
- Partner with the Director of Training, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and HR Manager to provide both Programs and Agency-Wide professional development experiences
Bachelors Degree Required. Degree in Nonprofit Management, Social Sciences, or related disciplines preferred. Masters Degree preferred.
Minimum of 10 years of professional experience overall, with at least five to seven years of senior leadership experience managing a complex program in a sophisticated organization with a reputation for quality and excellence. Management and supervisory experience in a non-profit environment, ideally in a youth-serving/human service environment preferred. High degree of experience with human resource and grants management. Ability to work with many diverse constituencies. The successful candidate will display a record of leadership and accomplishment with a proven track record with customer service deliverables.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and CRM (Salesforce preferred).
Must be flexible to accommodate job responsibilities (including ability to work evenings/weekends as required); willing and able to travel, when necessary, with daily and dependable access to a car, valid drivers license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimum.
Local and overnight travel may be required
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta
For 61 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta (BBBSMA) has transformed the lives of some of the most vulnerable children in our community through a proven youth development strategy: one-to-one mentoring. The mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. The agency serves approximately 1,100 children from 12 metro Atlanta counties on an annual basis.
BBBSMA HQ (opening Oct. 2021)
The Met, 680 Murphy Ave. SW, Atlanta GA 30310
For more information about BBBSMA please visit http://bbbsatl.org
Nondiscrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity:
BBBSMA is highly committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.