- Position: Development Director
- Reports to: CEO
- Status: Exempt/Full-Time – On-site
For over 50 years, Valley Community Healthcare has been one of Los Angeles’ leading non-profit community-based health centers for low-income men, women, and children. Located in the San Fernando Valley, Valley Community Healthcare has 3 sites and is known and respected throughout the community for its high-quality, compassionate care. Never has healthcare and community health been more important. This is your opportunity to grow support for the single most important issue of our time. We are seeking an experienced Development Director to create, implement, and direct all fundraising public and community relations activities, as well as manage the small Development Department.
The Development Director is responsible for the strategic planning and development of all VCH fundraising and activities. DD is responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and recognition of major & individual gifts, business and corporate gifts, and management of fundraising and friend raising events both in person and on-line/social media. Responsibilities include creation and management of appeals, development of annual fundraising campaigns, creation and management of new fundraising tactics associated with individual and corporate gifts. Development Director will supervise the Development Coordinator and any additional development staff. The DD will attend Board meetings and assist in any Board cultivation activities in order to create and nurture on-going relationships. DD will attend community meetings and events in order to create, nurture community and donor relationships. DD may be responsible for government advocacy relationships and written support documents.
A. Directs a strong, proactive program of individual and business giving to support VCH’s ongoing needs and priorities.
- Face-to-face asks
- Identify donors and build a pipeline for more major gifts.
- Maintain & nurture current donor relationships and create relationships with new prospects.
- Create/implement stewardship practices for donors and follow new internal processes and practices for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgment
- Create/Direct print/on-line Appeals/Campaigns as needed.
- direct mail,
- Analyze all appeals/campaigns/social media for productivity and cost-effectiveness.
B. Donor & Prospect Marketing and Communications
- Create/maintain excellent internal relationships to drive patient & program stories
- Oversight of creative development content for website, social media and other channels
- Oversight of and/or Develop collateral materials for donor/prospect communication
- Oversight of website/social media content and campaigns
C. EVENTS: Implement and oversee all fundraising/friendraising events, including
- Fundraising strategies associated with each event, including sponsorships, tickets, etc.
- Overall Program for the event
- Guest lists
- Venue & logistics
- Associated outside vendors
- Ability to work closely and effectively with Volunteer Committees
E. COMMUNITY RELATIONS: Represent VCH in the donor and government communities and create lasting warm relationships to support fundraising and community awareness.
F. BOARD DEVELOPMENT Assist in Board Development via outside relations and working with Board members
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- 2 years personnel and department management experience
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Have the ability to initiate, create and nurture professional relationships with all stakeholders.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
*Responsibilities and tasks outline in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER OUR MISSION: To make an impact on the health and well-being of the whole community by providing high quality primary medical care and comprehensive healthcare services to those in need, regardless of their ability to pay.