Heluna Health invites applications for a full-time position of Study Coordinator. Bridge HIV is a grant-funded research unit affiliated with the San Francisco Department of Public Health and the University of California San Francisco. Bridge HIV has been searching for new and innovative ways to fight HIV/AIDS since the onset of the epidemic in the early 1980s. The Bridge HIV Investigators are global leaders in HIV vaccine and prevention science, epidemiology of HIV infection, HIV medication adherence, combination HIV prevention strategies, and HIV research training methods. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bridge HIV has also been conducting COVID-19 vaccine and epidemiology studies. For more information, please see www.bridgehiv.org.
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Director, Clinical Research, the Study Coordinator will coordinate, facilitate, and manage the overall implementation of several investigator-initiated research studies focused on new HIV prevention strategies. Current studies include development and testing of mobile apps to support HIV and STI testing and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) use; observational cohort study of PrEP users; studies informing the development and/or delivery of novel PrEP and HIV treatment formulations (e.g. injectables, implants). This position will be part of a dynamic team conducting studies of biomedical HIV prevention strategies including PrEP and HIV vaccines. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
This is a temporary, grant-funded, full time, benefited position. Employment is provided by Heluna Health.
Pay rate: $36.06 per hour
Interested individuals must submit a cover letter and resume for consideration
- Provide overall coordination for the investigator studies according to predefined milestones and timelines and oversee all aspects of the study to ensure successful implementation of the project plan.
- Serve as primary liaison with technology vendors to develop the online and mobile health tools.
- Develop and implement study specific protocols and a comprehensive quality assurance and control plan. Design informed consent documents, study form-sets and case report forms, and a plan for screening and recruitment of study participants.
- Provide comprehensive trainings to our partner study sites on study procedures and provide overall coordination with sites during all phases of study implementation.
- Manage day-to-day study activities to ensure prompt responses to study participants by study staff. Assist research associates and clinicians with study visits, focus groups, and individual interviews.
- Oversee overall compliance to the protocols; recognize, track, and report protocol deviations/violations and adverse events per protocol requirements. Ensure ethical standards of research are followed.
- Coordinate communication with study sponsor, research collaborators, and other stakeholders. Participate actively on protocol team meetings and calls. Develop educational materials and educate the community regarding studies and research-related issues.
- Prepare regulatory submissions and handle routine regulatory activities with the Regulatory Affairs Associate.
- Provide oversight of laboratory issues, specimen processing, ordering of supplies, home test kit inventory management, and scheduling issues.
- Create and maintain electronic (REDCap and Qualtrics) and paper data collection forms, logs, and databases. Perform data entry of study data. Create weekly reports on study recruitment, retention, and other monitoring measures.
- Assist with coding of qualitative data.
- Provide administrative assistance to the study teams, including formulating agendas, recording of minutes, and determining action items following meetings. Work with the study director and PI to resolve problems as they arise.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to anti-racism and health equity
- A level of education or training equivalent to a Master's degree in a related health discipline or a minimum of two (2) years of experience providing coordination, oversight, or management of a research study or similar program.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software programs, including word processing, spreadsheet, database applications (e.g. Microsoft Access and REDCap), survey tools (Qualtrics), email and internet.
- Extremely organized with close attention to detail in a work setting.
- Strong oral/written communications skills and interpersonal/listening skills.
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Experience working with ethnically, culturally, and sexually diverse populations.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to the protection of human subjects and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of grant application procedures including IRB submissions, renewals, and revisions
- Knowledge of HIV/STD prevention with a focus on harm reduction.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Previous experience in qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Previous experience in mHealth and/or online technology
- Phlebotomy certification or one year phlebotomy experience in an outpatient or inpatient setting.
Handling / Fingering Frequently
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled.
All qualified applicants will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
It is the policy of Heluna Health to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.