Job Title: Customer Care Specialist
Reports To: Director of Business Systems
Status: Full time
Salary: Non-Exempt/$16.00 per hour
Location: Mableton, GA
Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta is seeking a full-time, customer-centric enthusiast who thrives in a team-based, call-center work environment focused on providing the highest level of customer service to all members/customers. The Customer Care Specialist will exceed expectations by creating a culture of Customer Service Excellence with each customer interaction (internal/external) as an opportunity to provide courteous, timely and quality service, and by exhibiting professional behavior becoming of the Girl Scout brand, Promise and Law. He/She is responsible for providing direct service to members/customers by telephone and/or by email to fulfill requests. Customer Care Specialists will be the frontline of all our communication opportunities with current and potential members and will provide a robust member experience for Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta programs and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Customer Service and Administration
- Answer inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching, locating and delivering findings, anticipating responses, and thoroughly answering any follow-up questions within an established timeframe.
- Monitor and respond to assigned case types completely and accurately within the framework of policies and procedures established by the council.
- Provide tech support for multiple customer-facing online systems.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of registration and volunteer management processes to provide backup support as assigned.
- Develop and convert girl and adult membership leads.
- Track and maintain member records on the organization’s Salesforce CRM database.
- May train other Member Care team members.
- Provide Front Desk/Reception support as assigned.
- Provide after-hours support as scheduled for help desk and customer service requests.
2) Membership/Customer Engagement
- Proficient in girl and adult-related trends, communication trends, and ability to utilize sales techniques to achieve membership goals.
- Sell the Girl Scout experience via phone and email correspondence to increase membership and participation in Girl Scouts programs and activities.
- Work interdepartmentally to support external recruitment efforts and ensure effective resolution of girl and adult registration stoppage.
- Supports the Membership Team’s efforts and completes the prospect’s membership process.
- Follow up on leads and referrals resulting from Area Executive’s activity in a timely fashion.
- Support membership/volunteer renewal workflow to retain members and volunteers.
- Establish rapport with members, volunteers, and internal team members to build trust and confidence.
- Communicate and support Area and Regional Executives by providing status reports of potential members who are delayed in registering.
- Maintain on-going communication with staff and volunteers in assigned area to assure that troop and volunteer catalogues reflect current opportunities for prospective members.
- Process volunteer applications, background checks, financial aid, and bank letters.
- Use discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling personal information of girl and adult members.
3) Data Entry & Reporting
- Ensure efficient, timely, thorough, and accurate data is entered in the appropriate database.
- Verify database information and make changes where necessary.
- Run routine reports to complete tasks and effectively improve ability achieve individual and council goals.
- Participates in council and area data entry projects, and other projects as needed.
- Associate’s or undergraduate degree or one-year equivalent professional experience in related field (call center, sales, or membership recruitment).
- Experience with customer relationship management and registration systems.
- High attention to detail; completes tasks thoroughly with an eye for detail and attention to accuracy.
- Ability to skillfully use a variety of questions and other active listening techniques to promote a robust discussion with members/customers and identify needs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with general supervision; must be self-motivated to complete tasks and ask for support when needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Accepts and promotes the values of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of direct sales experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Experience using Salesforce CRM database.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office package: Word, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn new databases and online tools quickly.
- Critical and strategic thinker.
- Ability to exercise discretion, initiative, and appropriate judgment in making sound decisions and in developing solutions to problems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Girl Scout organization including: mission and programs.
- Willingness or ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends.
- Continuous work as a team member and ability to work independently with some supervision.
- Frequent work under stress and under pressure of deadlines with overlapping projects.
- Capable of viewing a computer monitor for long periods.
- Frequent sitting, bending and twisting upper body.
- Capable of lifting up to 30 lbs.
*Must successfully complete a criminal, national sex offender search, and motor vehicle background check. *