DEKALB COUNTY CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) PROGRAM ADVOCACY COORDINATOR
JOB DESCRIPTION (Salary Range – Mid to High 30’s)
The Advocacy Coordinator provides professional staff support to CASA Volunteers ensuring that children involved with the CASA Program receive sound advocacy and early permanency planning. The Advocacy Coordinator is responsible for volunteer supervision and coordination of cases, and for ongoing monitoring of CASA Volunteers. Additional responsibilities include, assisting with Training, working closely with the DeKalb Juvenile Court, Child Advocate Center, other government agencies and other duties as assigned.
- The Advocacy Coordinator should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Social Work or related field, or equivalent combination of education and training, with direct experience in volunteerism and human services.
- The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles. The ability to cooperatively work well with others.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics with families in crisis, i.e. child abuse, neglect, family violence and deprivation. Commitment to CASA Program goals and mission.
- Resource Development Skills
- Community Relations Experience
- Communication Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Training Experience
- Supervisory Experience
- Excellent Decision-Making Skills
- Ability to work independently, self-directed
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel locally
Computer/Software Skills -
Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Advocacy Coordinator is hired by the Child Advocate Network, Inc. Board of Directors on the recommendation of the CASA Program Director. The Advocacy Coordinator reports directly to the Program Director who is responsible for his/her performance evaluations.
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
DeKalb County CASA Program Advocacy Coordinator Position
Fax: (404) 373-2407
Postal address: P.O. Box 768 Avondale Estates Georgia, 30002-0768
Posting will remain active until the position is filled.