Job Title: Accounts Payable Associate
Reports To: Accounting Systems Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time - Hourly
Location: Remote / Mableton Business Center
Hourly Range: $19.50-$22.00
Performs a variety of routine and some non-routine accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures in general accounting and accounts payable. Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices within AvidXchange Paperless A/P system. Posts information and balances general ledger to subsidiary ledgers, and processes payments. Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems. Acts as project manager for selected projects within the department and represents department on Council-wide project teams, as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages AvidXchange paperless A/P system, reviewing coding of invoices by other departments, preparing payments, and training new users.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; resolving invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts to subsidiary ledgers and vendor GL balances to monthly vendor statements.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents (paper and paperless).
- Prepares reports as required for accounting purposes from data provided by departments.
- Trains staff on accounts payable policies and procedures.
- Compiles information and assists with year-end audit.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Develops and implements accounts payable procedures by analyzing current procedures, recommending changes.
- Serves as back up for other team members.
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail, able to organize and prioritize working independently
- Ability to organize work and implement procedures
- Team player who focuses on building relationships both internal and external to the organization
- Flexible, focused, extremely disciplined, and able to work under pressure with fluctuating volumes of work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Requires the physical mobility to sit or walk for moderate periods of time and to occasionally carry or lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Knowledge of AvidXchange and MIP Fund Accounting a plus
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or equivalent work experience performing similar accounting, research, and reconciliation duties
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office software as well as accounting systems
*Must successfully complete a criminal, motor vehicle and credit background check.