The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is a non-profit membership organization that serves the needs of tree care professionals, promotes the profession of arboriculture around the world. ISA is known as the industry authority on research, education, and professional development. Each role in the organization plays an important part in delivering excellent member benefits and customer service.
The Customer Service Specialist performs a variety of duties to ensure that ISA provides its customers with an exceptional customer experience. Responsible for several transactional duties in support of both domestic and international members. Communicates and provides decision-making support to other coordinators. Serves as the “voice of ISA” when answering phones and responding to email. Responds to inquires in a professional and prompt manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Understand ISA’s Mission and adheres to organization and staff core values.
· Process CEUs for credential holders in a timely manner that adheres to ISA compliance standards.
· Process customer’s exam requests that include CBT or PNP, set up exam date, confirm customer is eligible to take the exam, process exam payment.
· Review Web imports of sales orders, address updates, new account verifications for accuracy and compliance.
· Utilizes ISA Operations Database for data entry, research, and problem solving.
· Coordinates with the staff members responsible for various programs and services to assist customers.
· Accepts membership and certification application information and payments.
· Logs and forwards various inquiries to the appropriate staff for further processing.
· Processes payments and refunds in compliance with ISA policies and procedures.
· Balances payment information daily, and resolves any discrepancies with peers and/or manager
· Assists customers, via phone, mail, or email, to provide accurate information in an efficient professional manner. This involves researching questions internally to obtain and deliver an appropriate response. Typical inquires include:
- Membership account status
- Certification and qualification status, extension requests
- Product purchases
- Event registration support
- Process W-9 requests
· Works closely with Member Services and Credentialing Services departments and acts as a liaison to assist with queries needed for implementation of various projects, campaigns etc.
· Offers support for data entry, mailings, and any other projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· At least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of additional education and experience.
· Fluent in English, both verbal and written. Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
· Ability to write correspondence in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
· Verbally communicate with respect to a variety of customers in performance of job duties. Utilize effective communication skills to confirm understanding, deescalate emotion, and solve problems.
Decision Making/Reasoning Ability
· Ability to listen and resolve problems with professionalism, diplomacy, and tact.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or verbal form.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate percentages. These skills will be applied to communicate pricing, reconcile daily orders, handle currency exchange rates, calculate sales tax, and perform a variety of manual adjustments.
· Strong organizational skills to handle multiple inquiries, tasks and/or projects simultaneously.
· Manages time well and takes initiative to complete work without prompting.
· Ability to work in and help create a team-based environment.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
· Moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as, copy machine, computer printer or other office equipment.
· Frequently communicates with internal and external customers.
· This position requires occasional lifting, under 25 lbs.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Working conditions are normal for an office environment
· The position will not routinely require work outside of normal office hours, but from time-to-time overtime may be required to meet deadlines
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
Technology and Equipment
· Microsoft 365; proficient in Word and Outlook.
· Experience working with Multi-line phone system, FAX, copier, postage machine, and web-based services.
· Familiarity with database navigation and basic CRM (Customer Relationship Management) features and the internet.
ISA is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Downtown Atlanta, GA and not normally eligible for remote work. Currently this position will be temporarily eligible for remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic.