SEI is seeking a Project Coordinator to lead and/or support aspects of our green workforce and higher education sectors. This position requires a detail-minded multitasker who is excited to lead and support a variety of our team’s workforce, education, and training programs, partnerships, and training of emerging professionals.
This full-time regular position will be based in San Rafael, and will work onsite in our main office in San Rafael, CA, as well as future intermittent travel and field support and requires flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work. Typical working hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Target start date is as soon as possible.
This position will support our growing team and programmatic engagements across the country. You have experience working on similar programs in the nonprofit or consulting sectors, and you have a background working in technical environmental issues, building science, clean energy, sustainability education, and/or workforce development. In this role, you will be involved with all phases of the program process, from design and planning; contributing to proposals and grant writing; contracting and formalizing partner/funder agreements; an eye for budgeting and work planning; supervision of fellowship participants; data collection and progress reporting; budget tracking; invoicing and billing; final reporting and external communications of results and impacts. Additionally, you will bring or offer:
- Technical expertise in building science, electrification, clean mobility, and renewable energy technologies and workforce skills.
- At least 1 to 2 years program design and management experience or exposure (workforce and/or education).
- Supervision experience and interest in mentoring early career sustainability professionals.
- Design and deliver training in technical sustainability topics such as energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Support instructors in the design and documentation of instructional materials for technical sustainability career training.
- Contribute to the development of presentations, orientations, systems, processes and administrative structures that enable robust, efficient and fluid project coordination.
- Serve a key role in working across our teams to plan for and to collect the data, outcomes and stories that support dynamic progress and final reporting.
- External communication/presentation of our team’s work and collective impact.
Receive a competitive starting salary for this position of $63,000 plus company-paid medical, sick time, vacation time, 13 paid holidays per year, in-house dental/vision/chiropractic plan, Comp time, participation in a 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan (with matching after one year of employment), and a telecommute benefit of 2 days each week.
In this position, you will join our team to play an integral role across our project teams, to ensure that we plan for, track and deliver on the environmental career education, workforce, community capacity building and equity outcomes that we commit to achieving. Through this position, you will help us to grow the impact of our team’s sustainability workforce education, training, and leadership building programs, especially from higher education to early career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
We seek candidates that share SEI’s commitment to equity and environmental justice, who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices.
Expectations and Qualifications:
As our ideal candidate, you bring to this position:
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced coursework a plus).
- 3+ years of experience working on programs relating to sustainability education and/or green workforce.
- A keen ability to lead and support the design and delivery of impactful green workforce training, supervision, and career coaching.
- Strong communications skills to support fluid dialog with our partners as well as SEI directors, managers, and program leads and operational colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience working with and across a diverse set of funders, colleagues, partners, instructors, clients and program participants in the education, public and nonprofit sectors.
- Excellent project management and work organization skills.
- Foundational knowledge of: K-16 education, workforce development, sustainability, climate change, energy conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy, green infrastructure, and building science.
- Understanding of the organizational mechanisms of city governments, non-profits and businesses, school districts, high schools, and colleges.
- Track record of successful task prioritization and execution, ability to juggle overlapping deadlines, and deft management of a growing body of work with timely fulfillment of associated tasks & deliverables.
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/ partners, or independently.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- SEI asks that their employees be vaccinated for COVID with exceptions made for health and religious reasons. As such, we may ask for proof of vaccination during the hiring process.
SEI is a non-profit organization based in San Rafael in the Bay Area, CA, with offices in San Diego, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Seattle, and the greater NY area, dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 24 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities. Our staff works within teams to support each other on projects and to creatively develop new and effective models.
This position requires applicants to perform the following tasks: Read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason and analyze, use fine finger movements, use a computer and mouse, sit, stand, walk, drive a motorized vehicle, carry and/or lift up to 40 pounds, reach above shoulder level, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, push/pull, grasp.
Qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter describing how their interest, qualifications, and experience are a perfect match for this position, to SEI at email@example.com. Please include “Project Coordinator - Green Workforce ”, and the platform you are applying from in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.