The SF Bicycle Coalition is looking for a Development Associate to support the implementation and advancement of the organization’s fundraising strategy. While the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has diverse revenue streams and healthy finances, opportunities exist for even greater growth and diversification of our revenue and membership base. The Development Associate will report to the Development Manager and will play a key role in helping plan and execute contributed revenue strategy in areas key to ensuring organizational sustainability.
About San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
For more than 50 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has been transforming our streets and neighborhoods into safe, just, and livable places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation.
Commitment to Equity and Justice
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition acknowledges the harm biking culture and unequal access to transportation have inflicted upon underserved communities — especially people of color, people with disabilities, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and people with LGBTQ+ identities. We believe that these communities must be centered as leaders in the work we do; therefore, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities.
The Development Associate’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain individual giving, workplace giving, and third-party corporate giving portals.
- Assist in planning direct mail and electronic fundraising appeals; execute those campaigns by building lists and supporting the design process.
- Assist in planning and execution of SF Bicycle Coalition fundraising events, including annual signature events, house parties, and major donor events.
- Support the SF Bicycle Coalition’s Development Manager in managing corporate sponsorships for major events including Bike to Work Day, Golden Wheel, and Winterfest.
- Maintain the SF Bicycle Coalition’s grants calendar, including deadlines for applying and reporting.
- Assist and expand our Discount Partner Program and Business Membership Program; build and maintain relationships with bike-friendly businesses.
- Support and represent the SF Bicycle Coalition’s participation in third-party fundraising events, including the Climate Ride and other fundraisers benefiting the organization.
Comprehensive Management of the CRM Database
- Support the maintenance, data input, data integrity, and accuracy for Salesforce constituent database. Create donor reports and dashboards that are responsive to the needs of the Development team. Assess and improve systems and procedures for effectively tracking pipeline of donors. Conduct prospect research as requested by the Development Manager.
Gifts Processing and Acknowledgements
- Process all gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations. Generate gift acknowledgement letters, receipts, and pledge reminders. Manage and coordinate monthly reconciliation and annual audit requests with the Operations Director. Respond to requests for information from donors, volunteers and staff in a professional and timely manner.
Ideal qualifications and attributes
We recognize that this position encompasses a number of different responsibility areas. We are committed to train and support our staff to strengthen their abilities in each area and we encourage applications from people who may not have all of the qualifications listed below.
- A strong commitment to and passion for the SF Bicycle Coalition’s mission and core values of transportation justice, sustainability, people power, and joy. A passion for social justice and equity A desire to strengthen organizational culture, development, and fundraising standards via a social equity perspective Previous experience in nonprofit development and fundraising roles Strong database-management and desktop application skills, including G-Suite and Salesforce or other CRM systems. Experience with data visualization to communicate progress. Experience managing donor and gift acknowledgment processes. Experience working for and collaborating with a membership-based organization. Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual language skills in English and another language, especially Spanish, Cantonese, or Filipino.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Salary and Benefits: The annual salary for this exempt position is $55,000 – $60,000 depending upon relevancy of experience. Full-time benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance; 10 days paid sick leave, 12 paid holidays and 3 weeks PTO annually. Other benefits include a telecommuting stipend, a flexible work arrangement policy, and a matching 401k.
Hours: Full-time, Exempt.
Location: Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic employees have been working remotely. As restrictions are lifted and a return to office and community work is increasingly possible, staff and their supervisors will work together to determine the appropriate work arrangement based on the nature of the individual’s role, and in alignment with organizational policies and departmental needs and activities. We strive to be as flexible and fair as possible while ensuring in-person accessibility as needed to interface with our volunteers, membership, community, and each other.
Reports to: Development Manager
Please go to our website to apply at https://sfbike.org/news/were-hiring-development-associate/ and please answer the questions on the website and click apply. Candidates that do not apply through our website will not be considered.