The Diabetes Association of Atlanta’s mission is to promote community awareness and healthy living to prevent and manage diabetes through innovative community programs. The organization provides diabetes resources to underserved communities living with health inequity.
The Development & Marketing Intern works closely with the Development Director which provides learning opportunities for nonprofit management. The internship will provide opportunities on various fundraising activities, such as special events, marketing, corporate sponsorships, foundation relations, donor management, and project management. Intern will help enhance the organization’s ability to prevent and manage diabetes.
The part-time internship is 15-20 hours per week working hybrid (remote/on-site). Then internship will conclude mid-December with an option to be extended to May 2022. It includes a stipend based on experience. Deadline to apply for Fall Semester is October 15th.
- Research corporate and foundation sponsorship opportunities
- Assist with the donor acknowledgment process and data entry in donor database
- Assist with social media and marketing strategy
- Assist with letters of intent and grant proposals drafts
- Organize grant and donor files and documents
- Perform other duties as designated by Executive Director & Development Director
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Interest in Development, Marketing, Communications, or Nonprofit Management
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Canva, Loomly, Constant Contact, a plus, but not required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15th.