The Front Office/Program Manager welcomes guests to Villa International and manages a busy front office in a 33-room guest house. The role includes planning programs for guests, managing volunteers, and supervising housekeeping and maintenance staff. This position requires a friendly, even-keeled, and skilled administrator who is comfortable with people from around the globe. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility, good humor, and the ability to multi-task are necessary.
Villa International is a 33-room guest house that offers short-term residence to persons from all parts of the world. Since our doors opened in 1972, we have hosted 27,000 guests from 179 countries. Our guests are primarily international healthcare professionals who are in Atlanta for work, training, or study at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or Emory University’s Rollins School of Public Health and its hospitals.
This individual will report to the Executive Director. The primary responsibilities include:
- Providing day-to-day operational oversight for the organization
- Making guest reservations and managing in-house technology
- Supervising those with maintenance responsibility for the facility, scheduling maintenance for the facility and guest room repairs, and working with the Executive Director and Board on longer-term maintenance and facilities planning
- Overseeing the checking-in and checking-out guests
- Assisting guests with questions and concerns
- Invoicing and collecting guest payments
- Planning evening and weekend activities for guests
- Managing volunteers who support a wide range of guest services and activities
- Preparing weekly housekeeping charts and overseeing condition of guest rooms
The Front Office and Program Manager position is a salaried, full-time (40 hours/week), Monday-Friday position. Benefits include paid holidays, 10 vacation days, 5 personal/sick days, and health insurance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- People skills to manage staff, establish goals, make assignments and provide feedback
- Advance proficiency in use of technology, computer systems and software including Microsoft Office, Excel, Zoom, conference platforms, financial software, etc.
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Computational skills for calculating rent, tax, and petty cash needs
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Minimum 7 years related work experience