Sr. Marketing Manager
- Experience Level
The Georgia Tech Alumni Association is looking for a highly motivated, strategic marketer who has
previous experience leading planning and execution of successful campaigns in direct collaboration
with business unit leaders. The ideal candidate has management experience, a collaborative spirit,
strong attention to detail and an acute understanding for how to move creative, web, and social
work into execution mode. This role will oversee the professionals and processes related to the on-
time deployment of tactics and full oversight of all of the marketing plans across the business
The senior marketing manager is responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of
strategic plans designed to increase overall alumni participation in and awareness of signature
events, travel trips, and career/professional programs. Additionally, this role will manage the
marketing manager who is responsible for student and engagement programs. As part of the planning
process, the marketing manager will work closely with a variety of business units to produce a
market strategy and recommend tactics to achieve goals. This role will serve as the project manager
to ensure that those tactics are on time, on brand and on strategy. Reports to the vice president
of strategic communications.
- Spearhead plan writing in collaboration with business departments and Strategic
- Communications team members.
- Serves as project manager to execute plans, including establishing tasks and timelines
- associated with tactics, submitting web requests, transferring copy into email editorial plans,
- circulating drafts, and communicating changes within the department.
- Provides clear direction and details to writers, digital team members, graphic
- Creates status updates of all deliverables to business units and manages project
- initiation and upkeep within the traffic management process and ensures the on-time delivery of
- those tasks and reporting on progress to business departments
- Serves as a key reviewer to fact- and grammar-check materials produced by Strategic
- Communications and for other departments who are writing communication.
- Coordinates production and printing of collateral pieces.
- Oversees identification of opportunities to cross-promote programs as well as
- identifying efficiencies between messaging and creative.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Ten plus years of professional experience
- Previous experience managing team members
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proofreading skills and ability to write email newsletter columns.
- Familiarity with Microsoft programs, especially Excel acumen
- Strong knowledge of traffic management systems
- Strong relationship building skills
- Time and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Georgia Tech alumni are unique. Over 180,000 strong, Tech alumni are successful as entrepreneurs, managers, scientists, engineers and leaders in organizations around the globe. The Alumni Association has a team of 50 professionals, committed to supporting GT alumni throughout their careers. Annually, we offer thousands of programs, services and events to increase alumni engagement and expand their connection with the Institute. Come be a part of Georgia Tech – an amazing history and bright future. For more information about the Georgia Tech Alumni Association, please visit www.gtalumni.org.
The Georgia Tech Alumni Association is a separate, legal, 501(c)3 not-for-profit recognized by Georgia Tech and the State of Georgia as an affiliated organization. The Alumni Association is committed to the mission to "is to champion and serve its alumni and the Institute through programming and engagement that fosters lifelong relationships and philanthropic support.