Are you a skilled professional who believes in lending your skills to end hunger during these unprecedented times? If so, consider being the Manager, Gift Processing Systems for the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 210 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 4 people are at risk of hunger. Join our friendly, collaborative and hardworking Development team. We’re looking for a talented fundraising professional to fill the position of Manager, Gift Processing Systems and help lead the efficient, effective, and donor-centric processing and acknowledgement of all gifts received by the San-Francisco-Marin Food Bank.
As a core member of an integrated department with a commitment to excellence, the Manager, Gift Processing Systems is responsible for the efficient, effective, and donor-centric processing and acknowledgement of all gifts received by the San-Francisco-Marin Food Bank. The Manager designs, implements, and continually enhances of strategies, workflows, technology, and systems for processing and acknowledging gifts from all fundraising channels—all with the goal of ensuring that every donor’s gift is processed accurately and acknowledged in a timely, meaningful manner. The Manager coordinates closely with members of the development team to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders spanning annual fund, major gifts, corporate and foundation relationship, and campaign fundraising. In addition, the Manager serves as the Development Operations team’s liaison to key business partners in gift processing and acknowledgement, such as Finance and external vendors. Position requires extensive leadership, project management skills, and collaboration across the entire Development team. Flexibility to meet new deadlines and urgent requests is a must. Candidate should be impact-oriented, mission-driven and have extraordinary attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Strategy & capacity-building
- Partner with the Director, Development Operations on strategic projects that enhance team capabilities, improve the donor experience, and simplify frontline fundraising.
- Lead technology enhancements, facilitating collaboration and buy-in from members of Development and other departments
- Maintain expertise in industry trends in development operations—especially gift processing & acknowledgement—including innovations that create a more meaningful donor experience and streamline processes
- Manages: Gift Processing Manager, Senior Development Coordinator, 2 Gift Processing Coordinators and 2 Temporary Staff during the holiday season
- Create and oversee a simple, fundraiser-centric system for receiving, tracking, and completing requests from fundraisers, providing the highest level of ‘customer service’ to the team.
- Proactively maintain a working knowledge of fundraising strategies, business models, and priorities through close collaboration with leaders of all fundraising channels.
- Create and continually build a library of resources tailored to fundraiser needs related gift processing and acknowledgement, as well as general Raiser’s Edge usage.
- Conduct training for all database users who input and extract data.
Gift processing & acknowledgement strategy and framework
- Design, implement, and continually enhance the framework and systems used by SFMFB to process and acknowledge all gifts in a donor-centric manner.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Donor Insights to integrate tax acknowledgement procedures with broader, Department-wide stewardship framework.
- Personally handle processing and acknowledgement of complex gifts.
- Collaborate with fund managers to provide quality control in gift coding for all gifts $1,000 and larger.
- Partner with the Director, Development Operations on strategic projects that enhance team capabilities, improve the donor experience, and simplify frontline fundraising
- Recruit and manage volunteers to work on department fundraising initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned, which support the Food Bank’s goal of increasing fundraising in support of programs and services that benefit our community.
- Collaborate closely with fundraising leaders across the Department to understand donor perspectives and needs and ensure that gift processing and acknowledgement meet those needs.
- Serve as a liaison to finance, ensuring compliance with all required data entry, reporting, and controls.
- Maintain the ongoing quality and integrity of the data in the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database, developing turnkey strategies for identifying and correcting data gaps and inaccuracies.
- Oversee the documentation and ongoing enhancement of a library of standard operating procedures for gift processing and acknowledgement, including coding systems, definitions, data entry standards, and database procedures.
- Manage relationships with external vendors integrated into the gift processing and acknowledgement process, such as database vendor, lockbox, and acknowledgement services.
- 4-6 years professional experience and demonstrated success in process development; experience supporting gift processing and acknowledgement in a nonprofit Development environment a plus.
- 2-3 years experience with Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
- Excellent research, planning, conceptual, and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills; must be comfortable in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work independently under deadline, juggle multiple priorities and maintain a professional work style.
- Superb attention to detail and superior data entry skills.
- Must possess excellent judgement with confidential and sensitive data.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekend events as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with Engaging Networks preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
SALARY: range $65,386 to $76,924
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.