Johns Creek Baptist Church
Position Summary / General Description
Reporting to the Executive Director of Operations, the Facilities Director is responsible for the management and operations of all the physical facilities of the Church. This includes oversight and responsibility for the buildings, grounds, parking areas, equipment, building systems, general security, Church representative with outside contractors and inspectors, supervision of facilities maintenance and custodial staff ensuring the facilities are fully operational, safe, clean, and prepared for services and ministry activities. This position is a full-time position. The Facilities Director position is largely unsupervised and requires self-motivation, accountability for time and expenses and integrity.
- Manage contractors and / or perform work related to the maintenance and repair of the facilities – including but not limited to building inspections, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial, landscape and security.
- Ensure church facilities and grounds are well maintained and ready for Sunday services and mid-week events / activities.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining supplies and equipment on an on-going basis.
- Maintains all Church grounds, including landscaping, mowing, raking, pruning, tree trimming, removal of litter, trash, and debris and / or supervision of grounds-keeping crews or contractors.
- Ensure proper scheduling of set up and take down for meetings, special events, worship, weddings, memorial services, etc. as directed.
- Maintain service agreements, expenditures related to the building, facilities and repairs and maintenance in accordance with the approved budget.
- Work with the Executive Director of Operations to report problems, solutions and costs associated with projects not approved in the budget and provide input to development of the annual budget.
- Schedule and coordinate work with outside contractors; obtain bids and evaluate proposals as necessary.
- Work with appropriate inspectors to ensure buildings are safe and meet current code requirements.
- General understanding of heating and cooling systems, plumbing, elevators, electrical systems.
- Implement, monitor, and follow policies and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and provide efficient use of labor and materials.
- Serve as primary point of contact for facility related emergencies, which may require evening and weekend work.
- Supervise, assist, and direct all facilities / maintenance and custodial staff.
- Able to work a flexible schedule with the understanding that special events and large Church gatherings will be a part of the regular schedule.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of the practices, methods and equipment utilized in facility maintenance and repair activities; including skills and abilities related to plumbing janitorial, electrical systems, painting, carpentry and heating and air conditioning systems.
- Able to lift 50 pounds, drive a van/trailer and be able to work in an environment where there is dust, cleaning fumes and possible other allergens.
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing / walking for long periods of time.
- Committed to maintaining the buildings in accordance with state and local codes and ordinances in addition to becoming familiar with all aspects of the facilities and systems.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and work independently.
- Possess the ability of flexibility regarding daily work and assignments with the understanding that special events and large Church gatherings will be a part of the regular schedule.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors, contractors, staff, volunteers, and Church members.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Capable of coordinating multiple tasks and adjusting to changing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and take initiative.
- High School or Technical School Graduate and / or Minimum of five years in the facilities maintenance field with preferred supervisory experience
Employee will be required to work a minimum of forty (40) hours per week or as many hours as it may take to perform job duties. Schedule will include Sundays. Holidays such as Easter and Christmas may be required workdays. Schedule may vary based on event demands and may require a combination of office hours as well as work performed after hours and / or weekends if necessary.