ABOUT HORIZON THEATRE COMPANY: Horizon Theatre has been a leader in the production and development of contemporary theatre in the Southeast, connecting diverse audiences to outstanding new and recent plays that are relevant, smart, positive, and provocative. Horizon has won critical acclaim, national awards, and popular success for three decades. Horizon annually produces a mainstage season of 5-7 professional Atlanta, Southeastern, and World Premieres of contemporary plays in our 172-seat theatre. Located in the Little Five Points/Inman Park neighborhood, Horizon Theatre Company’s mission is to connect people, inspire hope and promote positive change through contemporary theatre and the stories of our times.
JOB SUMMARY: The Development Assistant position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Development Director. This includes clerical details, filing, database management, record-keeping, research assistance, preparing mailings and correspondence. Supporting fundraising and special events as needed.
CRITICAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Inputting all donations into Tessitura database, including individual, website, pledges, grants, and foundations.
- Maintaining and downloading reports from all donation websites and portals, including PayPal, Matching Gifts, etc.
- Emailing donation reports to senior leadership weekly.
- Keeping detailed records about donor activity, history, and information
- Compiling lists and mailing of annual fund emails and letters
- Creating and mailing weekly acknowledgment of contributions, thank you letters, and benefits to donors
- Maintaining up-to-date, accurate, and complete files for individual acknowledgment letters, thank you letters, major gifts, corporate contributions, sponsorships, grants, programming and donation materials.
- Providing administrative support in compiling information for government and foundation grants
- Fundraising record-keeping and database development
- Assisting with special events
- Complete quarterly donation reconciliations with the finance department.
- Assisting with the research of potential contributors
- Contributing to the overall efficiency of the Development Department
- Donation/solicitation mailings are executed in a professional and timely manner
- Excellent communications with Development Director, board members, artistic and managing directors, and staff
- All correspondence is handled in a professional and timely manner, and contributors are acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt of a contribution
- Record-keeping is organized, comprehensive, up-to-date, and easily accessed
- Databases are kept up-to-date in an accurate, complete, and timely manner
- Research assistance is thorough and proficient
- Exhibit ability to work under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of two years experience in data entry and/or donor/ticketing databases, knowledge of Tessitura database preferred
- Strong attention to detail and experience in detail-oriented positions.
- Demonstrated interest in fundraising for the arts and/or arts management for theatre through previous study or work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and the Google Suite.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, fundraising, and/or finance practices is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Multitasking, organizational, and time management skills, including the ability to work independently
- Ability to handle confidential matters with the utmost integrity
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- Part-time 20-25 hours per week, flexible day-time hours
- The ideal candidate will work both remotely and in person, schedule to be determined as the theatre re-opens for live performance. Weekly report of hourly work required.
- $15/hr. Free tickets to all shows.
Horizon is committed to anti-racism in its programming, operations, and practices and to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. Members of underrepresented groups, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color, are encouraged to apply.