POSITION: Program Director II at Plaza Apartments, (Full-Time)
SALARY: $2,898.04 per pay period ($69,553 annualized) with excellent benefits
REPORTS TO: Associate Clinical Director I or II
ORGANIZATION AND PROGRAM: As a nonprofit organization, Conard House, Inc. builds welcoming communities and caring relationships that empower people and restore hope. We work with a diverse adult population and strive for cultural competency/humility by respecting experience, promoting inclusion, and building community. This position is with the Outpatient Services within the Supportive Housing Program. This program provides housing, case management, and income advocacy for adult residents in nine Single Resident Occupancy (SRO) Hotels in the Tenderloin and South of Market area and scattered-site shared apartments located throughout San Francisco. Additionally, staff at Outpatient Services provide individual and group rehabilitation services, individual and group therapy, assessment and treatment planning, and crisis intervention pertaining to their scope of practice. The Plaza Apartments is a 106-unit studio apartment building owned by Plaza Apartments Limited Partnership. Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) is the Managing General Partner. Conard House is the lead service provider. The Plaza is a Direct Access to Housing (DAH) (Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing) building.
We are a committed equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the City and State’s Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with conviction records.
QUALIFICATIONS: BA (any field) and 4 years of experience in a mental health setting as a specialist in the field of physical restoration, social adjustment, vocational adjustment. Up to 2 years of graduate professional education in a clinical field: Social Work (MSW), Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT), Clinical Counseling (PCC), Psychology (Ph.D./Psy.D.) may be substituted for the experience requirement on a year-for-year basis. At least one year of experience supervising staff and managing program, demonstrating effective leadership skills is required. Must be able to demonstrate case management skills and a thorough knowledge of mental health interventions, terminology and experience with outpatient services billing. Must demonstrate effective assessment, advocacy, organizational and communication skills. Require experience in working with diverse populations and within a diverse team. Computer literacy is required. Experience with Medi-Cal Billing and AVATAR is strongly preferred. Knowledge of Supported Self-Management Model, Strength Based and Recovery Based services is a plus. Ability to travel to offsite meetings required. However, personal vehicle is not required. Must successfully complete education and reference verification. After a conditional offer of hire a criminal background check must be reviewed.
- Supervise Supportive Housing Case Managers, including hiring new staff, conducting performance evaluations and recommending personnel actions.
- Train staff in all areas of case management including Medi-Cal charting and billing and using AVATAR.
- Monitor timely completion of all charting and billing objectives.
- Carry caseload (half the size of regular case manager) and meet monthly billing target.
- Ensure staff provide services of housing referral and assistance, advocacy, emergency assistance and care coordination residents.
- Act as liaison and work effectively with staff from Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing, Housing and Urban Health-Tom Waddell (HUH-TW), John Stewart Company, and Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) to help lead and maintain collaborative team.
- Lead Plaza Collaborative meetings with representatives from the aforementioned agencies.
- Develop and implement groups and activities that address resident needs within an independent living program.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of statistical reports for program location.
- Mett with Associate Clinical Director I or II, or Director of Clinical Services on weekly basis.
- Attend Program Director’s business and program meetings.
- Must carry a pager or cell phone for emergency responses.
- Act as contact person for Property Management Services and coordinate communication.
Application Procedure: Please send resume and letter of intent with “Program Director II” in subject heading to Elena Fowler, LCSW, Associate Clinical Director I, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (415) 864-7093.
People from diverse cultural backgrounds encouraged to apply.