The Associate Director, Advisory Council will contribute to the success of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra by identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gifts from individuals with an emphasis on face-to-face contact with donors and prospects.
The Associate Director, Advisory Council’s primary focus will be working in collaboration with the Senior Director of Development to significantly increase the capacity of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Advisory Council, a volunteer advisory board. The Advisory Council is a group of passionate and highly engaged individuals who provide personal philanthropic support and act as a resource to the ASO Board and staff. The Council provides critical input and advocates for the ASO at every opportunity to help ensure that The Orchestra extends its reach into all communities in which it performs.
An active and rapidly growing group, the Advisory Council has a strategic growth goal of doubling its membership by FY24. Management of the Advisory Council includes the coordination and leadership of a robust calendar of Council and Task Force meetings, social events, and other engagements. The Associate Director, Advisory Council will work directly with Council and Task Force Chairs to coordinate agenda creation, lead meetings, and create action plans.
The Associate Director, Advisory Council will provide additional support to the corporate giving program, gala, and other duties as assigned.
- Works in partnership with the Senior Director of Development and other key members of the Development Team to manage and grow the Advisory Council with a focus on high level engagement and relationship cultivation
- Maintains a portfolio of donors comprised of the Advisory Council and its prospects ($5,000+) making gifts to benefit the Annual Fund and other operating funds of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra; completes an agreed upon number of solicitations annually with a goal of doubling the Advisory Council membership by FY24
- Coordinate a robust calendar of Council and Task Force meetings, social events, and other Council member engagements
- Work directly with Council and Task Force Chairs to coordinate agenda creation, lead meetings, and create action plans
- Provides additional support to the corporate giving program, gala, and other Development Team efforts
- Respond to donor needs and questions in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience in a non-profit role required, preferably an arts organization
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with Board, Advisory Council, donors, staff, musicians, community leaders and volunteers
- Excellent writing, organizational and project management skills, with attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated, solutions-oriented, and able to work well both independently and cooperatively; proven success working as member of a team
- Position requires a high degree of professionalism, tact and diplomacy, in addition to sensitivity to highly confidential information
- Flexible, detailed, adaptable and energetic, with an engaging personality
- Strong computer skills needed, including word-processing, spreadsheets, and familiarity with fundraising databases
- Ability to speak and write persuasively about the mission, programs, and contributed income needs of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
- Must have well developed planning, organizational, and supervisory skills
- Must be an enthusiastic fundraiser with a deep respect for philanthropy
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
- Ability to work evenings and weekends in conjunction with Atlanta Symphony Orchestra concerts and events