The AMS Specialist is responsible for the input of data within the AMS (Association Management System), and ensuring that International Association of Venue Manager (IAVM) is maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full gamut of features within the AMS platform.
The AMS Specialist advises departments on functionalities, monitors data input and develops and tests membership and event registration processes and procedures so that various categories and discounts are current and transfer correctly to the accounting system (Intacct).
This person serves as a subject matter expert on IAVM’s data entry process and business workflows; input, maintenance, and analyzing venue sector market information relating to Convention Centers, Performing Arts, Arenas, Stadiums, Universities, Fairgrounds.
The AMS Specialist is the primary contact for end-user support; providing training, administering system security, and maintaining user accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as lead on managing all administrative aspects of the AMS, including troubleshooting and resolving issues logged by end users of the AMS.
- Provide ongoing training to all departments and advise on best practices, functionality, AMS procedures and processes, to best drive process development, documentation, and training for AMS use. This includes training IAVM external members and global partners.
- Manage and participate in ongoing AMS enhancement projects, continuing to identify areas for improvement and growth in the AMS platform as it relates to all departments and external members, proactively driving improvements to AMS and data governance strategies.
- Create procedures and techniques to maximize accuracy in AMS data and minimize duplication of information by creating new modules, invoices, templates, forms, auto-triggers, etc. within AMS as requested by other departments to assist with processes improvements.
- Extracts data from AMS and creates custom reports for all departments as needed.
- Complete special projects and other functions as required.