Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019 & 2021 by Modern Healthcare
Location: While NCCPA is temporarily working remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the nature of this position requires that the candidate report into the Johns Creek office to complete certain duties. NCCPA is anticipating a staggered transition back into our Johns Creek office in early 2022.
Reports To: Director of Review and Appeals
Who We Are
NCCPA is the only certifying organization for physician assistants in the United States. Established as a not-for-profit organization in 1974, we are dedicated to assuring the public that certified PAs meet established standards of clinical knowledge and cognitive skills upon entry into practice and throughout their careers. All U.S. states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. territories have decided to rely on NCCPA certification as one of the criteria for licensure or regulation of PAs.
Why Work at NCCPA
We get to do meaningful work every day and we enjoy working and having fun together! No wonder we’ve been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019 & 2020 by Modern Healthcare!
The Review & Appeals Team works diligently to manage and support NCCPA's Disciplinary and Exception to Policy cases. We are a team of highly organized, proficient multi-taskers with a great attention to detail.
Why Us, Why Now?
As the Review and Appeals Administrative Assistant II, you will work as an integral part of our dynamic team performing a variety of administrative support activities. You will serve as a task specialist that utilizes processes and resources in a manner that is efficient, effective, and contributes to the overall success of achieving the goals of NCCPA and the Review and Appeals Department.
How Will You Make a Difference? You will…
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to include mailing, emailing, faxing, scanning, creating, and preparing case files, and copying services. Maintain electronic and hard copy departmental files.
- Access online sources and contact agencies by email or phone to obtain documentation for case processing. Perform primary source verification of healthcare licenses and other documents.
- Process all incoming and outgoing confidential correspondence accurately and appropriately. Review and respond to letters, calls, and emails. Meet or exceed departmental accuracy rate and turnaround times.
- Assist with drafting outgoing correspondence to PAs such as Notice of Disciplinary Proceeding and responding to general emails.
- Review and data assist with the processing of incoming Federation of State Medical Board disciplinary cases.
- Participate in special projects, coordinate meetings/conference calls, and order departmental office supplies.
Hard Skills You Will Have
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A Clear understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping, file maintenance and record retention.
- Professional experience utilizing a case management or document management platform similar to the Case Management module and/or Registrar systems.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially in Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat.
Soft Skills You Will Have
- Your highly developed time management skills, systematic approach to organization/planning and keen attention to detail.
- Your excellent written and verbal communications skills with a proficiency in diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Your ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a self-motivated team member.
- Your ability to provide exceptional customer service and interact with both internal and external customers in a timely, positive and professional manner.
- Your proven ability to manage competing priorities and accomplishing tasks within the agreed upon timeframe.
Extra Skills You Can Bring Along
- An Associate degree in Business or related field.
- At least two years of professional hands-on administrative support experience.
Benefits and Perks for You
- Work/Life Balance
- 37.5-hour workweek, Monday - Friday
- Flexible Work Hours
- Telecommute Days
- Eleven paid holidays
- 19 PTO Days
- Paid Volunteer Day to Make a Difference
- Great Compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision with over 70% Employer Contribution
- 100% Employer Paid Group Life Insurance and Short- and Long-term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account for Medical Expenses (100% Employer Funded)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care Expenses
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Contributions and Matching
- Access to Voluntary Benefits such as Legal Aid, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, and Basic Life and AD&D for you, your spouse and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- 24/7 Telehealth
- Fully Stocked Breakroom with Healthy Snacks
- $1,000 Annual Reimbursement for Fitness Clubs & Program Dues
- Up to $240 in Annual Cash Incentives for Staying Active
- $5,250 in Tuition Reimbursements
- 100% Employer Paid Training Opportunities
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.