One Warm Coat is a national nonprofit organization that provides free coats to children and adults while promoting volunteerism and environmental sustainability.
OWC has nine Board Members and is seeking two to three additional Members.
A successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about OWC's mission
- Have leadership experience in a national or large regional organization
- Possess expertise in the areas of law, finance, marketing, technology, or supply chain
Once elected, Board Members serve three-year terms and are eligible for one additional term, for a maximum of six years on the Board.
Board Members are expected to:
- Participate actively in quarterly virtual Board Meetings
- Attend an annual Strategic Planning Session (either in-person or virtually)
- Serve on at least one committee (Finance, Marketing, Talent, Development, Audit)
- Make a minimum annual financial contribution of $1,000 to One Warm Coat
- Register to host a virtual or physical coat drive each year
- Promote awareness of and advocate for OWC within their communities, places of employment, and on social media