The Center for Collaborative Education seeks a mission-aligned, strategic, and creative Senior Director for National Programs to lead CCE’s programs as we work to increase educational equity and support our communities. The Senior Director will lead a team of staff and consultants who deliver professional support programs for educators out of our Boston office and throughout the country.
This person will report directly to and work with the Executive Director and other team members to build and oversee current and new programs. The Senior Director for National Programs’ major responsibilities will include program leadership, management, supervision, budget development, and oversight. The Senior Director for National Programs will also collaborate with the Executive Director and senior leadership team to create, monitor, and execute the organization’s strategic plan by actively participating in organizational management, professional development, financial oversight, and visioning.
The successful candidate will be a strong adaptive leader with demonstrated experience in program management, community development, and a commitment to achieving results. This is a full-time role.
About the Center for Collaborative Education (CCE)
The mission of the Center for Collaborative Education (CCE) is to transform schools to ensure that all students succeed. CCE envisions a just and equitable world where every student is college- and career-ready and prepared to become a compassionate, thoughtful and contributing global citizen. CCE partners with public schools and districts to create and sustain effective and equitable schools.
The CCE has developed several new positions that will be part of the organization’s Senior
Leadership team and is seeking strong adaptive leaders with demonstrated experience in program management, a commitment to achieving results and an entrepreneurial approach to program leadership and support.
Responsibilities of the Senior Director
The Senior Director will have the following responsibilities:
Program Leadership, Management, & Supervision
- Articulate and steward vision for excellence to underpin all CCE’s programming in the areas described above.
- Oversee sound development and implementation of all programs.
- Lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse team of program directors, senior associates, and consultants in the design, delivery and continuous improvement of CCE programs and services:
- Inspire and support the Programs Team to achieve individual, team and organizational goals through consistent coaching and guidance.
- Continuously assess and develop team member skills in consulting, coaching, and professional development delivery.
- Promote leadership development and a professional collaborative learning culture within a team.
- Supervise Programs staff, which is not limited to but includes, conducting weekly team and individual check-ins, and ensuring all staff receive a formal annual performance review and development opportunities.
- Apply creative thinking, data-driven analysis, and a high degree of follow through to deliver high quality programming.
- Push to constantly improve, refine, and document our program model and practices, including by partnering with research and evaluation staff to identify outcome measures and collect and use data to document program impact and development.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with school and district leaders, clients, partners, and other key stakeholders to advance CCE’s work and standing in the community.
- Pursue new, innovative mission-driven program opportunities, develop program ideas, launch pilot projects, and oversee the integration of successful pilots into full-scale program offerings.
- Develop strategic partnerships with peer organizations and education leaders to promote and/or enhance CCE’s program models, outcomes, and sustainability, and to increase organization’s profile and presence regionally and nationally.
- Work collaboratively with CCE staff on development, communications, and other organizational initiatives.
Fundraising, Budget Development, and Oversight
- Develop and manage the Programs budget, with the goal of ensuring that annual budget targets are met or exceeded.
- Lead business development opportunities for the practice area, which currently focuses on pursuing fee-for-service contracts as well as foundation and government grants.
- Participate in fundraising, in concert with the Director of Development & Communications, Executive Director, and other senior leaders.
- Monitor and manage the practice area’s budget to ensure that projects come in within budget.
Leading the Organization
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and senior leadership team to create, monitor, and execute the organization’s strategic plan by actively participating in organizational management, professional development, financial oversight, and visioning.
- Contribute to CCE’s thought leadership through writing, public speaking and representing the organization to various audiences.
- Champion Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity throughout the organization and in the wider community.
The Senior Director must demonstrate a passion for leading education social change and a commitment to equity. CCE is looking for a hard worker who seeks out challenges and is prepared to overcome obstacles, and who has a vision, the practical know-how, and collaborative team-building skills to get the work done. In addition, the selected candidate must have:
- BA/BS with 7+ years of directly related professional experience with significant experience in the nonprofit and/or K-12 public education sectors highly desired. Graduate degree and 10+ years of related experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supervising, mentoring, and developing staff.
- Significant experience leading teams and developing, coaching, and retaining individuals with a focus on cultivating a data-driven, results-oriented, and high-feedback culture; building efficiencies and implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at same time.
- Expertise in performance assessments, curriculum design, effective instruction, and school design, with a minimum of five years of experience in these areas.
- Results-driven orientation, with evidence of capacity to make good decisions independently and in collaboration with others.
- Fundraising experience, including grant writing with the ability to nurture and grow relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, partners, and clients.
- Cultural competency developed through working with diverse individuals, organizations and communities.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic work environment; flexibility, resourcefulness, and a good sense of humor required.
Salary, Benefits, and Location
CCE offers a competitive salary as well as health and dental insurance; generous paid time off including sick time, vacation days, floating holidays and personal time; 403(b) with employer match; flexible spending accounts; and transportation/internet services and cell phone subsidies. CCE offers a remote (work from home) office environment with in person meetings as needed and travel on occasion if a project requires it.
Further information about the Center for Collaboration Education can be found at their website: https://www.cce.org.
To be considered for this leadership position, please submit a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference here. Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in your cover letter.
The Collins Center for Public Management of UMass Boston has been retained by the Center for Collaborative Education to assist in the search. For further inquiries, please feel free to contact Dr. Ray Shurtleff, Search Consultant, at Ray.Shurtleff@umb.edu.
The application deadline for this position is September 24th.
This position is open until filled.
The Center for Collaborative Education is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace.