Mujeres Unidas y Activas seeks a Program Manager to help us ensure the implementation of our programs for our membership and to ensure that we meet the goals of the organization.
The Program Manager supports the coordination of the activities that Mujeres Unidas y Activas offers to our community and our membership, in order to meet our goals in the areas of base building; personal development and healing; leadership development and political activism. These include general membership meetings, orientation sessions for new members and committee meetings for leaders; vocational training and labor counseling; support groups and peer counseling; political education and leadership development training; ESL classes; Know Your Rights workshops and legal referrals, among other things. The Program Manager maintains MUA’s Activities Calendar and works with the staff responsible for each of the various work areas to coordinate, manage and document the organization’s programmatic work.
- Collaborate with team directors at MUA in order to develop programmatic work plans for the organization, based on contract and grant deliverables as well as the organization’s strategic goals.
- Support MUA directors in the supervision of work, keeping track of deadlines and ensuring proper documentation of activities. Also supports staff in resolving challenges that may arise with the implementation of work plans.
- Responsible for maintaining MUA’s events and activities calendar, as well as coordinating with the communications staff to ensure proper publication of updates on our website and social media.
- Regularly meet with staff responsible for supervising projects, in order to get updates, monitor the implementation of work plans, and ensure that goals are met.
- Coordinates regularly with the Grants and Contracts Manager, and with supervisors and directors, in order to ensure good communication regarding project deliverables, documentation requirements and report deadlines.
- Responsible for maintaining the Internal References Guide, which helps MUA’s staff to refer our membership to the various services and activities the organization offers our community. Also coordinates with MUA’s staff to update the External Resources and References Guide, with information about resources and services our community can seek outside the organization.
- Represents MUA in key coalitions and government agencies whenever necessary to coordinate work plans in connection with contracts and agreements. Coordinates with MUA’s team directoras and the Contracts and Grants Manager.
- Provides support to MUA’s directors when setting and monitoring programmatic budgets.
- Evaluates MUA’s programs and work projects and makes recommendations to the organization's directors for the improvement of the same.