Welcoming America is seeking a Regional Manager to serve as the main point of contact for Welcoming Network members in select states in the Midwest region of the U.S. and help execute programming, including designing and planning training and technical assistance offerings.
This position works closely with the Network Director and Chief Program Officer to develop and execute strategies to maintain and grow our membership in the Midwest. They will also work closely with the Network team and other Welcoming America staff.
Who We Are
Welcoming America is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that leads a movement of inclusive communities becoming more prosperous by ensuring everyone belongs. We believe that all people, including immigrants, are valued contributors and vital to the success of our communities and shared future. Through the Welcoming Network, we work to change systems and culture by providing communities the roadmap they need to create welcoming policies and share new approaches to inclusion to create an environment where everyone can truly thrive.
Primary Responsibilities Member Support and Programming
The Regional Manager serves as the main point of contact for members in the Midwest, and annually manages the development and execution of several member-focused training and technical assistance programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Acting as the dedicated service provider to Midwestern members. Services may take the form of technical assistance via email, individual and group coaching calls, conducting training and workshops, and strategic site visits.
- Consulting on, develop content for, and deliver trainings, technical assistance, and webinars for members and select non-members
- Managing one or more Network-focused technical assistance programs, such as the Rural Welcoming Initiative or Gateways for Growth. This can include improving systems, project management, agenda development, and content development among other things
- Gather success stories and promising practices from members in the region
The Regional Manager works closely with the Network Director and Chief Program Officer to set the strategy for growing and maintaining the Network in the Midwest including annual priority setting and longer term planning. Specific responsibilities include:
- Monitoring, and reporting on, themes and trends among Midwestern members and prospective members to guide organizational strategy
- Developing, and executing on, annual goals for Midwestern members and membership
- Identifying and developing strategic opportunities that are aligned with regional and organizational goals
The Regional Manager will build and maintain a portfolio of strategic relationships in the Midwest that grow the capacity, impact, and credibility of Welcoming America and the Welcoming Network. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serving as an external spokesperson and representative for the organization as needed. This will include site visits, conferences, working groups, and presentations among other activities
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with partners in the Midwest
- Participating in fundraising opportunities and serving as a contact for Welcoming Network donors as needed
- Providing ongoing outreach and services to potential members in the Midwest
The Regional Manager will also support other programmatic, operational, communications, and development projects, as needed. Welcoming America is a collaborative environment where we all work together to support each other and the organization on special projects and day to day activities.
Qualifications Skills, Knowledge, and Attributes
- Strong relationship management skills: empathy, friendliness, and good judgment in balancing flexibility and knowing where to draw a line
- Strong sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through, and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Thrives in a very fast-paced environment and can prioritize and manage a high volume of high-stakes work efficiently without sacrificing quality
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize when faced with competing deadlines
- Direct experience working for local government or community-based organizations
- Experience working with immigrants and/or refugees preferred
- Experience developing and providing training and coaching in virtual and in person settings
- At least five years of professional experience in the nonprofit or public sector with progressively increasing responsibility
Candidates need to be able to thoughtfully navigate issues related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and bring a deep commitment to advancing these values.
Because of the diversity of our membership and program participants, candidates will also need to be able to thoughtfully navigate different work and communications styles and be comfortable with working with people with different political views.
Candidates need to be willing to travel up to 30%.
This position is fully remote; however, priority will be given to candidates who reside in one the following states: IA, IL, IN, MI, MO, ND, NE, OH, PA, SD
The salary floor for this position is $50,000. Salary offers are competitive and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits provided.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter including your qualifications and explaining your desire to work in this position, along with a current resume to: email@example.com with the subject “Regional Manager Application.”
This position is open until filled, but applications are requested to be submitted by September 30.
Welcoming America is an EEO/AA/Individuals with Disabilities/Veteran Employer. Immigrants and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.