General Description: The Ministry Data Coordinator will interact with RUMC’s data and turn it into information and insights to enable clergy, staff and lay ministry leaders in decision making to better serve the RUMC mission. This position works alongside clergy, staff , volunteers, and the congregation with the potential to be in various roles that might include teaching, coaching, creative problem solving, and recruiting etc. Perform duties related to church guests, memberships and transfers, membership retention, congregational connection and growth and community outreach. Maintain and ensure the integrity of the data base content by establishing practices for routinely scrubbing the data. Serve as resident database platform resource and trainer to staff and appropriate volunteers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as in-house data interpreter.
- Translate data to people. Identify trends or patterns in engagement at RUMC. Provide ongoing reports to ministry leaders for use in ministry planning, membership retention, new member outreach, pastoral care and more
- Proactively interact with ministry staff to determine goals and needs as related to data collection and interpretation
- Identify new ways to use data in order to enable our ministry staff to serve and care for our congregation and community
- Manage the Mission Insite database (geographic/demographic tool) and provide ideas on how to intersect this data with RUMC data to inform community outreach and church/ministry growth
- Membership Database and Attendance Processing.
- Support the use of “Connect Card” for congregation members and guests signing into Ministry Platform for adult worship attendance, student and children’s attendance, bible studies and small groups, and for ministries such as job networking
- Conduct audit of membership database as required
- Serve as database platform support to church members and staff members
- Manage the membership database (Ministry Platform) to ensure data consistency, accuracy, and integrity
- Provide and maintain data for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and charge conference reports to the appropriate persons, or in some cases, the district and conference. Complete membership and attendance data for annual report to North Georgia Annual Conference.
- Training of staff members so that the staff can deliver, using Ministry Platform:
- Bulk mailings (non-financial): Responsible for preparing mailing labels and associated reports for the assigned bulk mailing projects
- Creation of form for registrations, paying of event fees, etc.
- Manage email newsletter distribution list and other databases as needed to contact and connect with members and regular attenders
- Ensure that new members and membership transfer paperwork, both in and out, is handled within one week of receipt and concluded by each month’s end.
- Do a monthly summary of membership transitions to include: births, deaths, professions of faith, baptisms, church transfers both in and out, and any other relevant membership details.
- Lead a small team in a weekly project management meeting.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Technical skills should include knowledge of database languages (such as SQL) and spreadsheet tools such as Microsoft Excel, PIVOT tables or Google Sheets
- Preferred work experience in the field of IT
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work independently when needed as well as demonstrate ability to be a team player with staff and volunteers
- Learn independently Ministry Platform, if not familiar with this database
- Teach others, in the church organization, about how best to use Ministry Platform and explain its benefits to the staff and congregation
- Be process oriented in your thinking; and task driven in your delivery; be a problem solver, one who meets deadlines, and manages work flow processes well
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
Hours will be established on campus between 10 am to 4:00 pm, Monday thru Thursday.