The Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining the two Atlanta Ronald McDonald Houses to ensure they are safe and well-functioning. This position requires the individual to work evenings or weekends when needed and is on-call for facility emergencies 24 hours a day. The Facilities Manager is directly responsible to the Director of House Operations of Atlanta Ronald McDonald Houses.
The ideal candidate for the Facilities Manager holds a college degree with coursework in the area of engineering/facilities maintenance. In certain cases, work experience is an acceptable substitute for educational experience. Candidates are required to have excellent skills in computers, communications, organization, planning, time management, decision making, and problem solving.
The Facilities Manager must exhibit strong leadership skills, as he or she will be managing our Facilities Assistant, housekeeping staff, and supervising maintenance personnel. The Facilities Manager must be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision. In addition, he or she must be an effective team player.
Other important qualities the Facilities Manager should possess include: trustworthiness, friendliness, enthusiasm, tact, flexibility, assertiveness, self-motivation, and professionalism. Candidates must be in good general health, so as not to jeopardize the health and well-being of the families.
- Oversee all cleaning, preventive maintenance, and repairs of the Facilities; ensures a thorough maintenance and warranty record system is kept.
- Able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds.
- Physically able to climb stairs and perform small maintenance tasks as needed.
- Ensure all fire pump/sprinkler system, fire alarms, smoke detectors, safety signs are in excellent working order.
- Manage building security and access control systems.
- Manage the maintenance budgets.
- Ensure LEED compliance.
- Ensure compliance of all permits and inspections for both Houses.
- Maintain safety standards required for Ronald McDonald House Charities.