Marketing and Communications Director
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world.
MedShare has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing and Communications director to grow the value of MedShare’s brand among all constituencies in the three markets (Atlanta, San Francisco, New York metropolitan area) where MedShare has a physical presence. The director will lead marketing and communications efforts, including PR, social media, website, and brand building initiatives. Additionally, the director will manage the development of all marketing collateral. The Marketing and Communications director will work closely with internal stakeholders on fundraising materials. MedShare seeks a generalist for this position with demonstrated skills in multiple areas, including writing acumen for press releases, newsletters, appeals, and marketing materials; PR, marketing, and social media. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to juggle numerous priorities.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute annual marketing plan to drive brand awareness and support overall organizational goals
- Grow a successful communications program through press releases, blog posts, newsletter, website, and social media
- Build strong relationships with relevant media contacts, pitching timely and tailored MedShare stories
- Collaborate with partners on internal and external communication
- Manage design and development of MedShare marketing materials
- Implement social media strategy that grows followers and engagement
- Keep website relevant and up to date
Written Communications & Print Material Collateral:
- Write all copy for print material, including annual report, newsletters, appeals, press releases and other program-related written communications
- Work with vendors to ensure a continuous supply of collateral materials, including the annual report, program collateral, organizational and fundraising brochures and flyers, stationery and business cards
- Assist the CEO and Development officers to ensure consistent use of the MedShare brand
- Communicate and monitor organization-wide adherence to brand standards as well as policies and procedures that affect the brand
- Passion for MedShare’s mission, a global interest and sensitivity to other cultures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or comparable experience
- 5-6 years relevant experience that aligns with the essential duties of the position
- Experience with web content management, specifically WordPress
- Ability to work with diverse internal constituencies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities set by organization
- Experience working with designers, printers, and other vendors and willingness to negotiate pro bono services to supplement existing resources
- Established base of media contacts a plus
- Project management experience
- Fluency in English is required and knowledge of Spanish and/or French is a plus
- Experience living / working internationally is highly desirable
Salary is commensurate with experience. MedShare offers an attractive benefits package, including healthcare, dental, and vision, 401(k), and paid leave.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Communications Director” in the subject line.
MedShare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.