Be A Hero PAC is a national progressive organization that works tirelessly to advocate for a more fair and just healthcare system in the United States. Founded in 2018, Be A Hero has grown rapidly and helped shape the dialogue for healthcare advocacy and accountability in America.
With a remote team across the country, we support and advance the state-based and national fight for Medicare for All, opposition to Big Pharma, progressive COVID policy, and a host of other progressive issues. We operate on a model of empowering local progressive infrastructure through meaningful, long-term partnerships to take collective action to change national policy and politics.
Be A Hero is seeking a talented digital professional to assist with project management and reporting for our email and social media programs and to be responsible for building and segmenting our email sends. We are looking for someone who is passionate about health care justice and who understands that movement building is only possible if someone’s there to keep the trains moving — and loves to be that person. The ideal candidate will be obsessive about process and detail, comfortable using and learning new tech tools, and a true team player. This will be a 3-month short-term contract position, remote, with the likely option to extend. The compensation will be equivalent to a monthly retainer of $5000-$7000, depending on availability and experience.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience in project management, email production, or another relevant field, ideally in a campaign or agency environment
- Knowledge of HTML (or a strong desire to learn fast!)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite and at least one project management tool
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: ActBlue, ActionKit, Action Network, BSD Tools (RIP), EveryAction, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Google Data Studio
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to progressive values
- Ability to meet with teams across the United States and accommodate working hours in one of the following US time zones: ET, CT, MT, PT
- Build, segment, and send emails in ActionKit, including building out landing pages
- Manage Be A Hero’s email and social calendars and ensure projects remain on schedule
- Load and schedule social posts across platforms and in our scheduling tool
- Work with the wider team to develop a robust reporting structure for email and social
- Assist with segmentation strategy and other longer-term email projects, like managing deliverability and lapsed subscriber reactivation
Interested candidates can apply via https://beaherofund.com/jobs
Be A Hero is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a strong commitment to the values of equal justice and a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that is safe and welcoming to all. We believe that all institutions should more fully reflect the world we live in and commit to doing that in our organization. We strongly urge anyone who shares our commitment to equality, justice, and freedom for all regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, military status, or ethnicity to apply.