Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are guided by a passionate, ambitious vision for the future for people and our planet: until justice stands for all, we will never rest. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Chicago, Juneau, Los Angeles, Miami, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
Reporting to the VP of Technology, the Technical Process Analyst is responsible for the critical business partnership with key departments at Earthjustice, including (but not exclusively) Finance, Fundraising, Communications Human Resources, and Litigation Operations. These departments are looking for guidance in process improvement and automation. This position will also help evaluate, select, and implement advanced technology solutions. This position is a true “partner”, and will dive into business needs and goals to document existing processes, determine technical requirements to implement improved workflows and help non-technical staff adapt to new technology. This partnership also means sharing ownership of an overall roadmap, delivery of all systems, and upon completion, handing off ownership to business stakeholders and IT staff. Since there are many and varied technologies to deploy, these will be ongoing relationships.
This role is based remotely within the US or in our San Francisco, CA office. Due to Covid-19, Earthjustice staff are currently working remotely from approved locations through January 18, 2022.
Technical Responsibilities: 50%
- Lead specific technology projects from start to finish, from application selection to end-user training to final hand-off to business stake-holders and IT support staff.
- Direct and support the IT team for planning and delivery of specific technology projects.
- Stay abreast of technology innovations as it relates to Earthjustice.
- Be a champion of innovative technology at Earthjustice.
- Ensure new technology solutions integrate into Earthjustice’s cloud strategy, and with existing (or future) Earthjustice systems.
- Partner with Vendors as needed for project and product implementations.
- Microsoft 365 Administration (including Sharepoint development).
Process Analysis: 30%
- Partner with key individuals to document existing processes and identify process improvement and automation.
- Partner with Operations teams to help identify opportunities to scale a growing organization.
- Be a proactive liaison between specific technology projects and IT team, ensuring collaboration and integration with other team demands.
- Work closely with the Project Management Office on prioritization, ensuring proper stake-holdering, and communication.
- Act as a bridge between Earthjustice stakeholders and IT to help define technical requirements.
Training & Documentation:20%
- Develop documentation and training (as needed) for end users and support staff.
- Provide custom training for specific stakeholder groups and teams (internal).
- Ensure smooth transition and hand off to support team. Partner with Operations on Change Management and communication.
- At least 3-5 years’ related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, project management certification a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to translate complex data into relevant and understandable information; ability to train or instruct others in business processes and/or tools to support those processes.
- A positive force in encouraging creative and solutions-oriented thinking and contributing to a positive, professional and dynamic work environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to look at the “big picture” and identify areas that need improvement as well as areas where costs could be reduced or time could be saved in order for the organization to perform at an optimal level.
- Non-profit experience; understanding of and experience with a multi-site organizational structure highly preferred.
- Administrative knowledge of Microsoft 365 including Sharepoint, Teams, Forms and Power Automate.
- Hands-on experience with the operations and business functions of an organization, preferably in a generalist or cross-disciplinary position.
- Attention to detail; ability to work collaboratively in teams leading multiple projects with complex deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with business process and system improvement projects and efforts, including building organizational alignment around new systems and tools.
- Experience working with third-party technology vendors and consultants.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting organizational goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Salary range is based on experience and location.
Remote salary (US): $92,400-$120,800
San Francisco, CA: $108,700 - $120,800
Interested candidates should submit the following via Jobvite:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies. Earthjustice only accepts resumes submitted for positions that are currently open. Unsolicited resumes, or resumes for posted positions that are not submitted via the on-line application process (where available), will not be reviewed or retained.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.