About Faith in Action
Faith in Action is the largest grassroots faith-based community organizing network in the United States. Under the umbrella of Faith in Action (formerly known as PICO National Network), people of faith have advanced racial and economic justice for and with formerly incarcerated individuals, immigrants, mothers, essential workers and others who are closest to the pain. Through a network of 60 faith-based organizations and 1,200 religious congregations, Faith in Action provides an opportunity for thousands of volunteer leaders to stand up and be heard on the public and corporate decisions that directly shape their lives.
Faith in Action organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state and federal level that have helped families obtain affordable health coverage for themselves and their children, provide their children with a better education, protect their homes from foreclosure and secure good jobs. Through an innovative campaign infrastructure that ties together grassroots people-led organizing in more than 200 cities and towns and 18 states with large-scale efforts to change federal policy, Faith in Action is currently leading campaigns to help with citizenship for 11 million aspiring Americans, end mass-incarceration and make sure that our votes are not held hostage or unjustly taken away.
We are seeking a full time program manager for regrants who will have primary responsibility for all aspects of Faith in Action’s regrants to Federations, managing grants through their lifecycle and ensuring proper due diligence for all regrants. This role will require not only the willingness to dive into the details, but also the ability to see the "big picture" to ensure a rapidly growing regrants program maximizes impact for federations and is utilized to create material change for our communities. Equity is centered in the process, and the program manager will be required to audit the system and suggest any necessary changes to ensure that funds are distributed in an equitable and empowering manner. The work will also require training federation grant managers on how to manage program outcomes and spend down/report on funds utilized.
This position will report to the Director of Philanthropy. The person in this position will be able to work across diverse teams and workstyles and build relationships across differences. An ideal candidate will be passionate about Faith in Action’s mission, have excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, have experience working in the movement for racial and economic justice, and be creative in sourcing joy in the work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, manage and execute a wide range of activities in support of strategic planning, initiative portfolio management, and grant management.
- Review submitted concept notes and grant proposals; provide clear, concise and insightful written analyses and recommendations for funding including drafting and editing proposal summaries and progress reports for existing grants for review by foundation leadership.
- Consult and co-develop ideas with grantees to achieve desired impact of grants; conduct site visits, provide technical guidance, convene meetings, and apply and evaluate milestone-based performance objectives.
- Manage internal processes and portfolio progress while ensuring appropriate documentation, grant budgeting and reporting.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other internal teams, including the finance/accounting, program, and development departments.
- Prepare and write briefs and synthesize existing literature. Provide written analysis of key topics as strategically relevant to the Pneumonia team.
- Identify & cultivate partners to build coalitions and achieve objectives.
- This role is responsible for high quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with grantees and partners in the field.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, forming and cultivating strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong organizational and project management skills; adept at working under tight deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Ability to research and gather information effectively from a variety of sources
- Expert proficiency with CRM database management (ideally Salesforce), Microsoft Office Suite, and G Suite
- Effective presentation skills, including creating polished PowerPoint decks for Faith in Action leadership and board members
- Detail-oriented self-starter and strategic thinker with high energy and the ability to work independently, accurately, and on schedule
- Writer with strong proofreading skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to exercise good judgment in sharing and communicating sensitive information
- Possess a deep commitment to racial equity, social justice, and community organizing and understand how development work is core to furthering Faith in Action’s mission.
- Have a sense of humor and ability to work under pressure.
- Be able to travel on occasion (once it is safe to do so)
All applicants must apply for this position online click here to apply. Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format)
- A cover letter stating why you want this position and your qualifications.
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact email@example.com. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address.
FAITH IN ACTION provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FAITH IN ACTION complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.