Director of Career Workforce Development
Goodwill Middle Georgia and the CSRA
Goodwill Middle Georgia and the CSRA (GIMG) seeks an energetic and motivated leader for the position of Director of Workforce Development. This individual will be responsible for superior delivery of workforce development services through the maximization of market opportunities, staff development and the delivery of quality service consistent with the mission of GIMG.
In addition to duties associated with the leadership and day to day management of the workforce development department, the Director will be responsible for:
- Budget forecasting, development and management.
- Achievement of mission, financial and strategic goals.
- Ensuring grant/contract compliance and performance, serving as point of contact for funding sources.
- Drive placement outcomes with staff and ensure accurate mission reporting.
- Developing and engaging with business advisory councils.
- The development and maintenance of quality relationships with funding and community partners, including frequent visits and face to face interaction.
- Compliance accreditation, federal and grant regulations and all organizational policies and procedures.
- Leading regional team involvement in the assessment of needs and opportunities, partnership development and joint venture opportunities, enhancing funding sources for workforce development.
Required qualifications/competencies for this position include:
- A Bachelor’s degree: preference is master’s degree in workforce/ economic development, rehabilitation, counseling, or related field with five years minimum work-related experience.
- Three years demonstrated experience in management of state or federal contracts or programs.
- Strong working knowledge of project/program design, training, education and workforce/economic development.
- The ability to provide positive leadership in a flexible geographic environment where self-direction, prioritizing and organization skills will be crucial to success.
- Possession of sound judgement, strong analytical, business, human resource development and marketing skills.
- Ability to articulate the big picture to a variety of stakeholders.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Position requires visiting multiple location daily. A valid driver’s license and clean MVR is required for driving between sites.
The Mission of Goodwill Industries
Goodwill Industries has been helping people experience “abundant living” since its founding in 1902 by the Rev. Edgar J. Helms. Today, Goodwill Industries is a $6 billion plus federation of over 170 autonomous members world-wide. Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA was founded in 1974, has a service territory of 35 counties and has been recognized with numerous international awards and is one of the fastest growing Goodwill organizations in the world.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Goodwill offers a robust benefit package which includes a 100% matching 401k plan, major medical, dental and vision insurance, paid personal time off and paid holidays and tuition assistance.
Goodwill builds lives, families and communities one career at a time by helping people develop their God-given gifts through education, work and career services.