WHO WE ARE
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and advance equity. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities. www.schusterman.org
Our culture is built on a foundation of principles that guide our attitudes, behaviors and interactions in the workplace. We look for people to join our team who are trustworthy, excellent, risk-takers – and who are committed to equity. Team members who are trustworthy look to build connections with others, are open to feedback and cultivate a culture of caring and respect. We strive for excellence by driving toward measurable results and consistently growing our knowledge and skills for maximum impact. We look to take risks by demonstrating curiosity and finding new, innovative ways of working. We strive to create a work environment rooted in equity where all members of our team feel a sense of belonging, are treated fairly and have the ability to have to use their voices to effectively advance our mission.
The Executive Assistant will provide confidential administrative support to the Chief Communications Officer; Senior Director, REALITY; and additional senior leaders at Schusterman’s Atlanta, GA office. The Executive Assistant will also provide general administrative support to the Communications and REALITY teams, as well as support administrative duties for the Atlanta office. The Communications team works in partnership with all Schusterman teams to support and amplify our mission, values and strategies through external communications and to strengthen culture through internal communications. The REALITY team brings a diverse network of inspiring changemakers on a formative journey to Israel to strengthen their leadership and passion for repairing the world.
Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide administrative support for Chief Communications Officer; Senior Director, REALITY; and up to two additional senior leaders with particular focus on scheduling, managing calendars, booking travel, completing expense reports and tracking deliverables
- Provide limited administrative assistance to additional senior professionals on the Communications and REALITY teams
- Plan, schedule and coordinate group meetings, activities and special events for the Communications and REALITY teams
- Help organize and manage new employee orientation, onboarding and training programs
- Manage the Atlanta office space:
- Handle supply ordering and manage office vendors and building management relationships.
- Provide receptionist duties (i.e., greet visitors, manage meeting set up)
- Manage appearance and organization of the space
- Coordinate office events and culture-building initiatives
- Provide support for drawing up and monitoring contracts against deliverables
- Draft letters/memos, and assist in preparing, managing and storing sensitive files
- Perform other duties as assigned
COMPETENCIES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Building relationships with colleagues across the organization and partner with key team members
- Demonstrating a commitment to valuing equity and diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Managing multiple schedules, activities and projects effectively and efficiently
- Maintaining a clear perspective between the overall picture and the details
- Anticipating needs
- Is resourceful and adaptable
- Is diplomatic
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in executive administrative support or similar relevant field
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative working relationships across departments
- Demonstrates an extreme level of confidentiality
- A high degree of flexibility in order to meet deadlines for projects while responding quickly to many individual requests related to scheduling
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- A “self-starter” willing to take the initiative and own high priority tasks and projects
- A high level of personal responsibility, integrity, trust and accountability
- Demonstrated experience using technology and possessing thorough knowledge of: (a) modern office practices and procedures; (b) the use of office machines, equipment and software; (c) Microsoft Office suite proficiency; and (d) comfort with basic web skills.
- No travel is required.
Competitive salary band of $70,000 - $90,000 based on experience and Schusterman’s commitment to internal equity. A strong benefits package is also included. Schusterman encourages ongoing professional development and supports activities aligned with one’s individual career growth plan. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should visit https://grnh.se/2b100af72us to submit an application.