Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Relations Specialist (CRS) is responsible for developing, leading, and implementing outreach strategies to connect the Solidarity community to individuals, businesses, and other relevant community organizations to aid in their path towards health and self-sufficiency.
Bachelor's Degree or related work experience. Minimum of 3 years in Metro Atlanta community outreach efforts. Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
- Compassionate and sensitive to cultural differences with high level of professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (Spanish and English)
- Familiarity with government assistance programs and its clientele
- Established relationships with community assistance organizations in the Atlanta area
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Fosters positive and professional relationships and acts as a liaison with internal and external customers to ensure effective working relationships.
- Aids the Community in problem solving issues related to their health and welfare and assist in gaining access to community services and resources.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with community partners to increase successful referrals, availability of resources, and interagency innovation.
- Cultivates relationships with key community leaders as well as appointed and elected officials.
- Develops and delivers written materials, presentations, programs and communications for a variety of audiences to include health care providers, school officials, attorneys, collaborative organizations, key leaders, government, community organizations, and constituents.
- Develops and maintains a Community Resource Directory and ensures Directory is kept up to date.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
Majority of work performed in the community. Regular travel required to off-site locations in completing work requirements, attending meetings, or events. Requires some weekend availability. Hours may change to meet business needs.
Solidarity is an equal-opportunity employer. Solidarity prides itself in celebrating diversity and does not discriminate in any of its programs, policies, procedures, or employment practices on the basis of race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health.