Engaging and charismatic? Want to connect with people? Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is looking for a talented team member to build and maintain strong relationships with our membership. This is a great opportunity to not only engage with members across the country, but also work collaboratively across departments within the organization to share information, recruit new members, and identify opportunities to provide additional value to members.
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs (community development financial institutions) headquartered in Washington D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 350+ member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesn’t reach. As a financial intermediary, OFN secures private capital for CDFIs through strategic partnerships with leading corporations such as Google and Twitter, mainstream financial organizations such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and philanthropic organizations such as the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. Currently OFN has an on-balance sheet loan portfolio of $150 million and manages capital on-and off-balance sheet of nearly $1 billion and has plans to bring additional $1 billion in new private capital to the industry.
To learn more, visit www.ofn.org
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. Be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff who are guided by the following values:
- Passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose.
- Courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work.
- Serve as the main point of contact for an assigned portfolio of members, provide outstanding customer support, and build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of assigned members and CDFI industry trends, topics, and information.
- Ensure assigned members complete their annual survey and financial and outcome data is clean and accurate.
- Maintain clean, complete, and accurate membership database records; Monitor and track data integrity.
- Develop and maintain prospective member list and recruit CDFIs to join OFN membership.
- Assist the Network Services team in executing OFN events, including Regional Meetings, Webinars, and the OFN Conference.
- Develop membership marketing material: One-pagers, website content, and social promotion
- Organize annual dues renewals process to include coordinating electronic and hardcopy mailed invoices, ongoing dues collections, payment processing, and reminders
- Support the adoption and drive growth of the CDFI Connect community platform
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years of work experience in lieu of a degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience in the CDFI industry, nonprofit sector, trade association, or account management. Experience in account or association management preferred.
- Experience in community development finance industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC) and Higher Logic preferred.
- Experience using social media for professional purposes is beneficial.
- Experience in finance or small business, and housing lending is beneficial.
- Must possess a strong passion for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision, and values. In addition, be a fearless advocate, who is confident and resilient in OFN’s fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- A collaborative team player who possesses the interpersonal skills to work across all levels of the organization, humility, and a willingness to learn in all areas of our work. Be a strong team contributor, effective and comfortable in leading as well as supporting roles within teams.
- Be a smart, quick seeker of knowledge with the ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to analyze results and assist in implementing plans for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across all levels and departments of the organization.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite products and social media platforms.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently or as a flexible team player is required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with ease and efficiency under moderate supervision.
- Ability to work constructively with a diverse audience.
- Light to moderate travel required (5-10% of time).
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
- Excellent customer service skills
Supervisor’s Title: EVP, Network Services FLSA: Exempt
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: