- Assists the director with the development and management of the program
- Conducts intake interviews with members who request counseling services and completes the required documentation.
- Ability to facilitate individual online/virtual support groups, monitor content, and report updates on weekly content.
- Performs community outreach initiatives, promoting the organization to local healthcare leaders.
- Manages the program's curriculum and calendar.
- Reviews and reports track and trend issues and collaborate with management to create solutions.
- Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in, and web registration.
- Assists with researching and implementing content for program marketing tools and social media content.
- Assists with establishing partnerships with prospective corporate sponsors.
- Assists with grant research projects.
- Active liaison between service providers and the organization.
- Assists in community engagement and mental health awareness projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field (Preferred)
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Strong communications and operational execution;
- Must have skills in one-on-one coaching/assessments, group facilitation, consensus-building, and communication.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have good interpersonal, public relations, and communications skills, including the ability to develop presentations.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Quality Customer Service