Our non-profit 501 C(6) organization is in search of a self-directed and experienced Bookkeeper to oversee financial and accounting activities. This position is a part-time position requiring approximately 15-20 hours per week and will be paid on an hourly basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping activities, month and year-end close procedures, and working with our outside CPA firm. This position will report to both the Executive and Associate Directors.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Actively participate in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the company’s accounting system, including accounts payable, receivable, refunds, disbursements and dues.
- Enter accounts payable (invoices, expense reports and check requests) into accounting system and process payment in a timely fashion.
- Enter new Vendors and Customers in accounting system.
- Maintain all vendor files and other accounts payable documents.
- Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis to perform month end reconciliation.
- Enter check payments into organizations association management system (AMS).
- Prepare batch reports for remote check deposits.
- Review all incoming receipts and prepare/process transfer from AMS into accounting system.
- Perform accounts receivable review and follow up.
- Assist with year-end closing procedures and preparation of annual financial audit.
- Strong compliance with policies, procedures and internal controls.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working with and maintaining accounting software application specifically QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2018, earlier versions, or similar software.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word.
- Proficient with Google applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as proven customer service skills.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting and auditing practices and principles.
- Ability to use sound judgement and work independently.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to perform accounting tasks in a timely, complete and accurate manner with great attention to detail.
- This position does not lend itself to working remotely.
- Experience in an association or other non-profit organization, including experience using an association management software, is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping/accounting experience
Email resume, cover letter, salary requirement and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE include salary requirement in cover letter. Only resume’s and cover letters submitted via email will be reviewed. We provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. PLEASE NOTE: NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK IN’S!