CORE (Community Organized Relief Effort) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to build sustainable, community-based response programs to disasters. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, CORE provides free testing and vaccines to disadvantaged communities and throughout the U.S., India, Brazil and Haiti as well as potential other overseas markets. This is accomplished through strategic partnerships with local health agencies and community-based organizations to reach high-risk populations in vulnerable areas.
The proposed role is critical to growing CORE’s government revenue stream which includes pursuing competitive bids (Requests for Proposals/Agreements) among U.S. government, multilateral organizations, state, and local public entities. The end goal is to secure revenue to fund CORE’s frontline efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond (i.e. immediate relief in the face of natural disasters such as hurricanes, earthquakes, fires). This person will work alongside the Proposal Director to identify relevant emerging opportunities, manage an active pipeline, lead capture efforts, manage live proposals, negotiate partnerships and are responsible for all final submissions.
This position reports to the Vice President of Partnerships & Development.
We require all employees to comply with our Mandatory Vaccination Policy. As a condition of employment you will be asked to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
· Against the backdrop of the changing landscape of COVID-19 and natural disasters, prioritize immediate needs within the categories of 1) opportunity identification, 2) concept note and proposal development, 3) final review of donor reports for compliance.
· Rapidly expand and cultivate a tailored pipeline based on market intelligence.
· Conduct advanced intelligence gathering, design and prep, technical and budget content development.
· Externally, cultivate and maintain relationships with key contacts within the national and international donor community to ensure CORE is on the leading edge of demand-driven assistance and innovation.
· Meanwhile, internally, ask the right questions of the accurate technical leads to determine key information quickly to present concepts to donors.
· Drive an initial assessment of CORE's ability to compete effectively and the factors required to assure successful bids. Lead Go/No-Go meetings, support project design including development of "win themes," and identify and manage proposal teams.
· Train local market leadership in the basics of proposal content, strategy, staffing, partners, and budgeting; and develop a timeline to accomplish said tasks.
· Work with area leadership to set priorities, delegate responsibilities, establish deadlines, document timetables, and report to executive leadership.
· Oversee, coordinate, and be ultimately responsible for preparing, writing, editing, reviewing, managing, and timely submitting technical and cost proposals and other required materials.
· Mitigate risk in the process of securing proposal partners through conducting due diligence, drafting teaming agreements, and negotiating scopes with Prime and Subs.
· Ability to travel with expectations on LOE
· Design, lead and conduct assessments
· Oversee proposal consultants as needed.
· Masters in Public Health, Public Administration or International Relations.
· Highly capable manager with at least 5 years of project management, institutional funding, and proposal management experience.
· Proactive problem-solving skills, including the ability to draw insights from data and develop recommendations.
· Ability to work independently and effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Solid understanding of the U.S. government domestic and international funding industry Excellent written communication abilities.
· Strong knowledge of nonprofit organizations, policy issues, and NGOs.
· Strategy or business development experience preferred, including building and analyzing business plans.
· A high level of competence with Microsoft Office suite (advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills) is essential. Knowledge of PowerBI, or another business intelligence tool preferred.