Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area is a wish granting organization. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Our chapter serves children from Monterey to the Oregon border and anticipates fulfilling hundreds of magical wishes this year. Each wish is unique and the dream of a child with a critical illness. The resulting smiles speak volumes for the healing effects of a wish come true. Our vision is to grant the wish of every eligible child, which will require increasing referrals, growing our volunteer base, increasing donations, and raising awareness of our mission across our entire territory.
Make-A-Wish is seeking a collaborative and creative marketing manager looking to contribute their skills and experience to a mission-driven organization. This position helps to tell our inspiring story, convey the impact of our wishes, inspire people to take action in support of our mission, and evaluate and improve our marketing efforts. We are looking for someone who is a strong writer and project manager who has experience with digital marketing, fundraising communications, journalism, and/or public relations, preferably at a non-profit organization. This full-time, exempt position reports to the Marketing Director and may include supervision of interns and volunteers working on behalf of the marketing team.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Interview subjects and write stories, including profiles in the following categories: wish kids, families, and alums; volunteers, donors, and members of the medical community.
- Manage the MAW editorial calendar, including assigning, editing, and curating stories across multiple platforms, print and digital.
- Support fundraisers with development writing for emails, mailings, advertisements and donor stewardship.
- Review external-facing content produced by others to ensure quality control and adherence to brand standards, including social media posts, press releases, and content for mass emails.
- Share our storytelling with the National Office, including working with the Celebrity & Entertainment team as needed.
Digital marketing and branding
- Produce and distribute email communications and digital marketing campaigns and report on performance.
- Working with our database team and the National Office, manage email lists, including updating, uploading, and segmenting audiences, as well as implementing good list hygiene.
- Maintain website including performing a regular audit of content, adding new content and pages, liaising with the National Office on web guidelines and updates, and tracking and reporting using Google Analytics and other KPIs.
- Review and contribute to social media to ensure it is working in concert with our overall digital marketing efforts.
Project and community management
- Oversee collateral production for print and digital projects, including vendor management, internal stakeholder coordination, and budget/quality control.
- Coordinate timelines and execution of longer marketing and fundraising campaigns, regional and national.
- Serve as point person for team for wish alums, families, and volunteers for opportunities including speaking at events, press/media events and opportunities, and involvement with regional and national marketing campaigns.
- Assist with Adopt-A-Wish, Wish it Forward, and other cross-team campaigns that have a storytelling component.
Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4+ years in marketing, communications, journalism and/or PR, 1+ year supervisory experience a plus
- BA or equivalent
- Excellent writing and editing skills; excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement communications campaigns and report on results
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Must be customer-service oriented, a team-player, and willing to assist with all Make-A-Wish projects as required
- Experience working with vendors including designers, writers, printers, photographers, and videographers
- Strong knowledge of mass e-mail tools and production; experience with Marketing Cloud a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS; experience with Drupal or similar CMS a plus
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign
- PC literate –Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher), database, etc
- Familiarity with The Raiser’s Edge or other CRM software a plus
- Occasional evening and weekend commitments required
- Valid CA Driver’s License for occasional travel
Send a letter of interest and resume to:
Marketing Manager Search
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area
1333 Broadway, Suite 200
Oakland, CA 94612
No phone calls, please. Position is opened until filled,
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity makes us stronger. MAWGBA is committed to diversity in its service and creating an inclusive work culture and environment that is reflective of the San Francisco Bay Area. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.