Gen Justice, an award-winning advocacy organization for abandoned and abused children, is expanding and seeks a dynamic, proven chief fundraising officer.
The chief fundraising officer will lead, create, and execute a fundraising plan for Gen Justice that will increase annual revenue to $5 million by 2023. Gen Justice is a fast-paced, family-friendly, results-oriented charity that has helped transform Arizona’s child welfare landscape in three years. Our revenue must grow to keep pace with the need and demand for our services.
The right candidate will be a seasoned, creative fundraiser with a strong commitment and understanding of the organization’s mission and impact. The ideal candidate will have a history of asking for and closing 6- and 7-figure gifts without relying on the organization’s CEO. The officer will be responsible for increasing current and future revenue through a combination of traditional fundraising methods such as major gifts and corporate partnerships. Gen Justice intends to create a national footprint and the ideal candidate will generate fresh, powerful fundraising ideas to re-shape revenue building, as events like Fight Night have done, Tom’s shoes, charity concerts in Nashville, and more. The public-facing working title for this position is Chief Charitable Gift Adviser for Donors.
- Create and execute a successful fundraising plan in collaboration with team members and reporting to the E.D.
- Establish a flagship fundraiser, or fundraising campaign, for the organization.
- Establish giving partnerships with the business community.
- Identify and lead the creation of new revenue streams including generating and testing innovative and creative concepts.
- Set and reach specific, measurable goals in major gifts, business partnerships, and other events and activities to be established.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A proven track record of leadership
- A proven track record in major gift fundraising
- A proven track record of creative, dynamic planning and execution
- Powerful written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends when necessary
- A desire to tie your salary to your results
Gen Justice offers flexible scheduling, remote work opportunities, and is foster and family friendly. To apply, please submit a one-page resume, a writing sample/video showcasing your skills, and a cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org