Eastside is a nonprofit, tuition-free secondary school dedicated to improving opportunities for low-income and first-generation college bound students. Our student body is 78% Latinx, 18% African American, and 4% Pacific Islander.
Thanks to their own hard work and our many layers of support, over 99% of our graduates have been admitted to a four-year college or university. And the relationships we build don’t end with high school graduation – our extensive alumni support program helps our students succeed in college and as they translate their education to professional careers.
To learn more about Eastside, our mission, and impact, please visit our website: www.eastside.org
About the Position
We are seeking a development coordinator to support our fundraising efforts. If you love databases and spreadsheets, pride yourself on your project management skills, have a laser-focused attention to detail, and are inspired by our mission to level the playing field for students from under-served backgrounds, we’d love to talk with you.
Gift Processing and Reporting
- Process gifts and write acknowledgement letters.
- Prepare fundraising and development reports.
- Reconcile revenue with Finance Department and provide support for audit process.
- Maintain donor database (Exceed Further) including entering data, running reports, and ensuring up-to-date and accurate information, and organizing and maintaining department files.
Communications and Events
- Coordinate communications (including stewardship and appeals). This includes generating mail and email lists, creating merge files, communicating with the printer, and coordinating volunteers.
- Manage the development timeline/tracking systems to monitor communications initiatives and grant application and report deadlines.
- Help to plan and run special events.
- Field phone and email inquiries regarding the school, our mission, and opportunities for giving.
- Bachelor’s degree and one to two years of experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Great organization, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for collaborating as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Competitive salary and benefits, including generous vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, 401(k) match, and free lunch in our school cafeteria.
Working remotely a few days a week is an option.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in Eastside and how your experience matches our needs, as well as your salary requirements.