Help Partners in Change (PIC) (picusa.org) provide free personal and professional coaching to more Atlanta adults in need. As a VISTA volunteer, our Volunteer Partner Recruitment Specialist will expand PIC’s volunteer coach recruitment at companies, faith houses, and civic groups; grow PIC’s community presence; build our volunteer marketing materials; and create a volunteer recruitment guide.
- Help design the growth and larger impact of PIC as a key member of our collaborative, mission-driven team of seven staff and three VISTAs.
- Strategically research companies and civic/faith organizations committed to poverty reduction, community wellness, racial equity, and/or social justice.
- Collaborate with PIC team on recruitment plans for current and new Volunteer Partner Organizations (VPOs).
- Serve as PIC’s VPO liaison as you build relationships and meet with VPO leaders to promote our program.
- Present PIC’s coaching program to VPO employees/members interested in volunteering.
- Regularly communicate and follow-through with VPO staff to deepen partnerships and increase recruitment.
- Represent PIC in the community. Network at community forums focused on corporate and civic engagement in south and west Atlanta to build awareness of PIC and our program.
- Create new volunteer recruitment materials and appeals.
- Bring your experience together by creating our VPO Recruitment Guide.
In this role, you will be part of designing the growth and larger impact of this innovative, start-up non-profit founded in 2019. You will be led by a diverse management team possessing a wealth of experience in service programs for K-16 education and at key Atlanta community and nonprofit organizations.
You will gain ongoing professional development as you participate in weekly Team Meetings and one-to-one meetings with staff leadership, Coach trainings, and staff skill-building as we support our coaching teams. You will gain valuable experience and knowledge from your interactions with our partner organizations and with individual community members.
You will be at the heart of all we are doing, constantly growing as you support PIC’s long-term vision to enable personal, social, and economic upward mobility and substantially impact poverty in our communities.
Partners in Change (PIC) takes coaching's track record of success for executives and brings that to adults in poverty, empowering them to change the trajectory of their lives.
PIC pairs trained volunteer coaches with adults pursuing meaningful goals in areas such as employment, housing, education, personal development, and health. Paired teams talk weekly for a year as one-to-one partners in the community member’s success.
For more information about PIC visit: www.picusa.org or email email@example.com.
- A confident, persuasive communicator and comfortable public speaker
- A strong relationship builder - experience with sales or marketing a plus
- A creative mind re: promotion and messaging
- Existing connections within corporate, civic and/or faith communities desirable
- Skilled in prospect research
- Excellent follow-through skills
- 3+ years of non-profit experience working with community members we serve and/or in the volunteer recruitment field
- 1+ years of college is required
- A car is recommended for meetings with volunteer partner organizations
As an Americorps VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America) member, you will receive a monthly living allowance, currently $1,247/month. VISTA focuses on building capacity for non-profits, so you will have the satisfaction of building something lasting and powerful for PIC. Your service will help us offer free coaching to a critical mass of community members and create a tipping point in Atlanta’s efforts to reduce poverty.
- Resume Building & Training
- Professional Development through VISTA and PIC
- VISTA Living Allowance
- Choice of End-Of-Service $1,800 Stipend or Education Award of $6,345.
- Health Coverage
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for Future Government Jobs
- This special hiring status will give you an edge in the federal hiring process
- Childcare Assistance, if eligible
- Relocation Stipend
- Read about all VISTA Member benefits at: https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/your-benefits
OTHER POSITION DETAILS:
Start Date: August 30, 2021
Term: Full-time, One Year
Note: this position is funded for one year through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. An option exists to extend for an additional year, and possible further extension.
Other commitments: PIC permits working at another job or attending school during off hours
Language requirement: English
All applicants for this position must apply through this link:
Applications will be accepted through August 4, 2021.