Help Partners in Change (PIC) (picusa.org) provide free personal and professional coaching to more Atlanta adults in need. As a VISTA volunteer, our Coach Coordinator will build the capacity and skills of our volunteer coaches and help create a new volunteer support structure that enables PIC to scale our program and reach many more community members.
- Help design the growth and larger impact of PIC as a key member of our collaborative, mission-driven team of seven staff and three VISTAs.
- Grow PIC volunteers’ skills in our non-directive, asset-based coaching method focused on building resiliency and confidence.
- Provide volunteer support and learning by talking bi-weekly with volunteers as they support their Members’ (those being coached) pursuit of goals, and contact Members if significant challenges arise. Provide effective follow-through and response to individual needs.
- Build PIC knowledge about coaching’s impact on our Members’ success. Gather learnings from the field about effective coaching strategies, areas of challenge, and successes taking place and share with PIC team.
- Gather additional insights by co-hosting bi-monthly online volunteer Coach Chats and attending Partners in Change coach trainings at least quarterly.
- Recommend potential refinements to PIC support of our coaching teams and our training practices.
- Develop PIC’s formal volunteer scalability/expansion structure. Examine current and alternative models for scalable PIC volunteer coach support and share recommendations with PIC team.
In this role, you will be part of designing the growth and larger impact of this innovative, start-up non-profit founded in 2019. You will be led by a diverse management team possessing a wealth of experience in service programs for K-16 education and at key Atlanta community and nonprofit organizations.
You will gain additional professional development as you participate in weekly Team Meetings and one-to-one meetings with staff leadership, Coach trainings, and staff skill-building as we support our coaching teams. You will gain valuable knowledge and experience from your personal interactions with volunteer coaches and community members.
You will be at the heart of all we are doing as you support PIC’s long-term vision to enable personal, social, and economic upward mobility and substantially impact poverty in our communities.
Partners in Change (PIC) takes coaching's track record of success for executives and brings that to adults in poverty, empowering them to change the trajectory of their lives.
PIC pairs trained volunteer coaches with adults pursuing meaningful goals in areas such as employment, housing, education, personal development, and health. Paired teams talk weekly for a year as one-to-one partners in the community member’s success.
For more information about PIC visit: www.picusa.org or email email@example.com.
- A confident and intuitive interpersonal communicator
- An inquisitive developer of non-profit community programs
- Experienced in sensitively redirecting others and capable of modeling our non-directive style of coaching
- Skilled in 1-to-1 training
- Background in volunteer management, human resources, or counseling preferred
- 5+ years of experience working with the community members we serve and/or in developing community programs
- Excellent time management and follow-through
- Familiarity working within a constituent management system (Salesforce preferred)
- Bachelor’s or higher academic degree
- A belief that every person has unlimited potential and the right to personal development, self-empowerment, and forward progress in their lives
As an Americorps VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America) member, you will receive a monthly living allowance, currently $1,247/month. VISTA focuses on building capacity for non-profits, so this position offers the satisfaction of building something lasting and powerful for PIC. Your service will help us provide free coaching to a critical mass of community members and create a tipping point in Atlanta’s efforts to reduce poverty.
Other Benefits of this Position include:
- Professional Development & Training
- Choice of End-Of-Service $1,800 Stipend or Education Award of $6,345
- Health Coverage
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for Future Government Jobs
- Childcare Assistance, if eligible
- Relocation Stipend
- Read about VISTA Member benefits at: https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/your-benefits
OTHER POSITION DETAILS:
Start Date: August 30, 2021
Term: Full-time, One Year
Note: this position is funded for one year through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. An option exists to extend for an additional year, and possible further extension.
Language requirement: English
All applicants for this position must apply through this link:
Applications will be accepted through August 4, 2021.