Ser Familia is a nonprofit organization focused on preserving the familial unit by offering courses, emergency assistance services, and mental health counseling primarily to the Hispanic community. Ser Familia is seeking a qualified and experienced Business Development Officer to create new business strategies and secure the necessary resources to make the organization's programs and services available to the community we serve. The primary duties include maintaining relationships with clients, identifying new business opportunities and promoting the organization to various potential and existing donors. Experience in Non-Profit development, fundraising, and event planning is highly preferred.
The Development Officer will also be expected to complete the following job duties:
- Support the Executive Director and Board of Directors in the development of the annual fundraising plan and annual organization's budget
- Help oversee implementation of the organization's annual fundraising plan
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
- collaborate with staff on the planning and execution of fundraising events and donor appreciation strategies and events
- help in the development of print marketing collateral related to fundraising and solicitation materials
- perform required research and maintain an effective portfolio for all donors, ensure optimal usage of CRM software and monitor gift cycle for all development activities
- identify, train and monitor volunteers needed for various organizational fundraising events
- Develop and support relationships with Corporate Affinity Groups
- Create and support volunteer engagement opportunities
- Support the evaluation of fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Staying on top of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community
- Collaborate with social media manager, grant writer, and external affairs contractors to ensure a uniform organizational message and strategic approach
- Answer donor and staff inquiries in a timely fashion
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Experience in Non-Profit development Preferred
- Experience in Fundraising and event planning Preferred
- 2+ years of experience in fundraising, development or related position
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Fully verbal bilingual English/Spanish; written also preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Research and Analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of word processing tools
- Problem solving skills
- Numeracy skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Type: Full-time