Youth Ministries Coordinator
- Experience Level
The Youth Ministries Coordinator will oversee the successful operation of a strong UUCA youth program, working with other church and community leaders to address the needs of UUCA youth and ensuring the alignment of youth goals as well as the achievement of the congregation’s overall goals through active and inclusive ministry by, with, and for youth.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-- Work with the Religious Education (RE) team and Youth/Adult Committee (YAC) to plan and carry out ministry by, with, and for youth in varied and wide-ranging programs that include worship, study, fellowship, service opportunities, and others.
-- Oversee the implementation and delivery of the Our Whole Lives (OWL) lifespan sexuality education curriculum for 9th-12th grade youth participants, including the recruitment, training, and support of volunteer leaders.
-- Recruit, train, and support volunteer youth advisors to co-facilitate the 9th-12th grade youth group.
-- Intentionally communicate with organizations, people, and resources in the community that relate to youth and seek to connect the congregation with the community for a strong program.
-- Guide the work of the Youth/Adult Council (YAC) throughout the year, including planning its agendas and presiding at its meetings.
-- Work with other leaders to learn about curriculum and other resources available for youth in order to help teachers and group leaders select appropriate resources for study and growth.
-- Develop and maintain regular communications with youth, parents, volunteers, church members, staff and the community with social media and email, telephone and face-to-face conversations regarding programs for the youth, church activities, our mission and goals.
-- Project budget needs for the Youth Ministry for each year and work diligently to keep expenses within the budgeted amount.
1. Spiritual Maturity: Demonstrate personal depth, spiritual grounding and integrity in word and deed; respond with a constancy of purpose; be seen by others as trustworthy and authentic; seek the wisdom and guidance of appropriate mentors
2. Interpersonal Skills: Establish good working relationships with congregants and staff; build appropriate rapport with youth, including boundaried expressions of care; use diplomacy and tact; be approachable; speak directly to others and avoid communication triangles; demonstrate the ministry of presence
3. Leadership Development: Encourage youth and adult volunteers to discover and engage their giftedness and skills in service to the larger community; call out the best in others; support others in the development of their skills and abilities; think strategically about the continual need for a next generation of leaders and work to build the leadership base.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Commitment to Unitarian Universalist principles
- Commitment to anti-racism
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience teaching and/or working with youth in school or congregational settings
- Flexible team player, preferably with a good sense of humor, able to work collaboratively with multiple teams of lay leaders, volunteers and staff members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage a budget
- Knowledge of personal computer software, including word processing & basic familiarity with database capability such as google docs, Microsoft office suite
- Willingness to work a flexible work week, including most Sundays and some evenings
- Mustt be COVID vaccinated
- Must be able to meet in-person weekly with Senior Youth
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office equipment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Lifespan Religious Education
START DATE: August 16, 2021
TO APPLY BY AUGUST 6, 2021 DEADLINE: Please send cover letter and resume, including three references, via email to: email@example.com with “Director of Youth Ministries Application” in the subject line of the email.
More searches like this
- Child Care / After school / Counselor Youth Development up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Youth Development up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Social Work / Counseling Youth Development up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Volunteer Services Youth Development up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta