The Donor Engagement Analyst functions as an expert in collecting, refining, and analyzing data for the purpose of advancing the Food Bank’s fundraising goals. These activities include analyzing data to improve the performance of the individual donors and providing a high level of customer service to internal and external constituents while maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Develop predictive models to segment Annual Fund and Mid-Major donors for maximizing revenue, upgrading donor’s giving amounts, reducing lapsed rates, and other strategic goals as set by the Annual Fund Manager.
- Use quantitative and qualitative research techniques to evaluate campaigns, refine cultivation and solicitation strategies, and other objectives as set by the Annual Fund Manager.
- Build reports, dashboards, and visualizations to make insights accessible to the Annual Fund Manager and provide actionable recommendations to better cultivate the Annual Fund and Mid-Major donor pool.
- Maintains a close affiliation with donor data through the oversight of financial batching.
- Assists in the entry of donor data as needed.
- Assist with selected fundraising activities including fundraising, donor recognition, and cultivation events.
- Assist with individual donor stewardship including acknowledgement letters, thank you cards, donor appreciation gifts, and other communications via phone and email.
- 2-3 years of experience in research, data analysis, and data entry, required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Familiarity with Salesforce is helpful.
- Ability to report on relational data, create graphs and visual reports and join/filter complex data structures required.
- Ability to write SQL or SOQL queries, preferred.
- Knowledge of project management principles including development and coordination of plans, communication, collaboration, and time management.
- Ability to work under general supervision with limited guidance and direction.
- Ability to read, interpret, and write professional reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before diverse groups of people.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Valid California Driver’s license and insurable driving record (personal vehicle not required.
In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Food Bank is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b) employer matching, and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the organization. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative, and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
For more information about us, please visit: http://www.foodbankccs.org
The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.