Calling anyone interested in pursuing a meaningful part-time or full-time career serving kiddos and young adults experiencing special needs!
- Extensive training, continuing education, and clinical oversight/support provided. You can do this!
- Learn and implement our interpersonal, whole-brain model of care within a culture of hope, truth, and love.
- Harness the proven power of neuroplasticity for the beautiful benefit of our Jacob's Ladder families — both locally and globally.
- Part-time and full-time schedule opportunities available. M-F. 8am-1pm. 8am-3pm. 8am-5pm.
- Implement programming within our accredited private school serving pre-k through 12th grade, or within our therapy center serving all ages — either on our Roswell campus or Buckhead campus, or within families’ homes locally.
- Components of evidence-based therapeutic disciplines such as neurotherapy, integrated listening therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, recreational therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, animal-assisted therapy, music therapy, and art therapy -- grounded in science and guided by love -- all in one place, with unmatched continuity of care.
- Join a team who will. not. quit. until we see every kiddo, young adult, and their family *thriving*.
- If you’re passionate about ensuring healing for adoptive and foster families, for example, through trauma-informed intervention and relationship — join us!
- If you’re dedicated to ensuring access to care for families throughout the world living in areas with otherwise limited financial and therapeutic resources — join us!
- If you are looking for opportunities to grow elsewhere within the organization, such as administrative/clerical, marketing, outreach, program development/management - join us! We welcome applicants with diverse skill-sets and backgrounds to apply and serve in different capacities within our organization.
More about us:
Jacob's Ladder School & Therapy Center is looking for strong, self-motivated individuals to join our team. Applicants must possess a background and desire to work with special needs children diagnosed with developmental delays such as, Autism Spectrum Disorders, PDD, Learning Disabilities, Language Delays, Delays unique to specific syndromes, ADHD, and Behavior Disorders.
Jacob's Ladder is an SAIS-SACS Accredited Private School educating children Pre-K through 12. We also offer the Jacob's Ladder Model of Intervention in our Therapy Center on an hourly basis. We utilize a brain-based methodology, incorporating targeted Neuro-developmental interventions that create and strengthen a foundation for learning; this is combined with a vigorous academic program, always teaching from the individual student's challenge point. We provide a step by step framework for continued growth and success, coupled with innovative therapeutic interventions and creative endeavors, all delivered within our 1:1 teaching model or our more traditional small group instruction by a team of specialists wholly committed to the growth and well-being of our students.
While all training is completed on-site, applicants must hold a Bachelor's Degree or have experience with serving in this field, must have a strong background in teaching and behavior intervention with special needs children, and must be able to lift children up to 50-100 pounds. Employees may be required to work with children who are wheelchair bound, demonstrate aggressive and/or non-compliant behaviors, may be minimally verbal, and may be responsible for assisting with many daily self-help skills.
Part Time and Full Time Positions are available. Come see and feel where HOPE resides.
- Work directly with special needs child to provide a loving and safe environment
- Assist in implementing activities to increase communication, self-help skills, social skills, motor skills, and education through a brain-based methodology
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the child's family
- Find creative ways to keep clients motivated to learn
- Collect accurate data on child’s progress
Desired Job Qualifications:
- 1+ to 2 years of experience
- College degree
- CPR Training, First Aid Training, Early Childhood Educator, Special Education Credentials
- Medical, dental, vision, and other voluntary benefits offered
- Partial employer contribution for medical benefits for full-time employees
- Paid-time off allotment and pre-scheduled, paid vacation time throughout the year for full-time employees
- 401k plans
If you would like to learn more about Jacob’s Ladder, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.jacobsladdercenter.com/.