- Experience Level
Challah for Hunger
This position is open to all US candidates in any region and is a remote position*
*This position is remote, though ability to travel for in-person events is strongly preferred
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1, 2021
LOCATION: Anywhere in the United States
SALARY: $40,000 - $45,000
APPLY HERE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Challah for Hunger is a national organization that builds communities of leaders inspired and equipped to take action against hunger. Established on a single campus in 2004, the network has grown to over 75 chapters that engage 10,000 volunteers annually, providing programs and opportunities embedded in our three pillars: community, advocacy and philanthropy. In addition to supporting our chapters, Challah for Hunger supports an ever-expanding alumni network, a growing community program, and partners with national and local organizations to address the issue of campus food insecurity. To learn more about our work, visit https://challahforhunger.org/ and https://www.campushunger.org/
We seek a highly organized, detail-oriented, creative individual with superior communication skills to serve as our Development Associate. As a member of our team, the Development Associate will help lead the organization’s fundraising and storytelling efforts. This role will report to and partner closely with Challah for Hunger’s Senior Director of Development. This is an exciting time to be joining Challah for Hunger during a period of exponential growth and expansion.
A note about this unique time As we are all working through the midst of a global pandemic, the need for Challah for Hunger is as great as ever. With the 34% of food insecure college students jumping to nearly 3 out of 5 because of COVID-19, Challah for Hunger pivoted our programming online during COVID, and we are excited to be back in person this fall. Our small staff team is working full-time, from home, though attending in-person events and meetings is a possibility depending on the candidate’s location. All of our staff, regardless of their location, are expected to be online during regular EST hours.
- Grant Management (35%)
- Oversee our grant application and review cycle
- Manage our individual donor stewardship system and ensure excellent donor relationship building
- Manage logistics such as scouting locations, interfacing with vendors, preparing agendas/event materials
- Support the fundraising efforts of the Senior Director of Development and the Executive Director in ongoing special projects
- Oversee our grant application and review cycle
- Minimum of 2-3 years work experience, preferably with relevant experience in development/philanthropy
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND MINDSETS
- You’re self-motivated. You create your own organizational systems and can hold yourself and others accountable.
- You expertly navigate managing all levels of an organization.
- You are fast-paced and high-energy.
- You have a bias toward action. You can move rapidly through ever-changing environments and have the ability to shift priorities on a dime.
- You are not afraid of a challenge. You see potential in any situation and can leverage that potential. You can think and act quickly and strategically with a clear head.
- You’re a systems guru. You enjoy organizing chaos. You can take a large amount of information, assess it, and find the best way to organize it with the end-user in mind.
- You’re a people person. You love people and understand how to optimize the experiences of co-workers, external partners, and other stakeholders.
- You’re an expert multi-tasker. You have experience juggling multiple projects at once from start to finish with detailed planning and persistent execution.
- You have a great sense of humor. You bring levity to the work, have fun with your co-workers, and don’t take yourself too seriously!
COMMITMENT, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- This is a full-time exempt position, with a salary between $40,000-$45,000 commensurate with experience. Challah for Hunger provides 50% for employees and 25% for dependents of health, dental, and vision benefits packages, generous PTO (20 days annually) and holiday package, and the option for a flexible work environment. We offer a minimum $800 professional development stipend per year and summer Fridays with reduced working hours.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter and 1-2 writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Associate.”
Challah for Hunger is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applicants from historically marginalized communities to apply. We are proud to be an inclusive organization, where everyone is welcome. We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish organizations. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.