- Experience Level
GCN is seeking senior level consultants to work with nonprofit organizations on strategy development, strategic planning, and other types of high-level organization specific projects. Individuals must have prior nonprofit experience and the ability to design projects from proposal through implementation working with boards of directors and executive leaders throughout the project. They must be strong facilitators of group meetings, retreats and board meetings with the ability to facilitate strategic conversations, conflict and disagreements and helping groups achieve consensus or shared direction for moving forward.
- Strategic planning facilitator: Facilitates GCN clients through strategic planning process using GCN methodologies that fit the needs of the organization. Consultant works with client to design the process, provide a proposal, and conduct planning that includes the development of SWOT analysis and the subsequent creation of goals, objectives, and annual action plans.
- Delivers consulting engagements for governance and board development, leadership development, social enterprise, resource development and program evaluation as needed.
- Ability to conduct recruitment for executive search.
- Conducts business development and sales, prepares bids and proposals, and sets fees for services.
- Writes plans, training curriculum and presentation materials for client presentations.
- Track utilization and profitability from existing time tracking and project management platforms used by the consulting group.
- Participate on consulting leadership team to develop new business and customer-oriented services.
- 10+ years of experience in nonprofit organizations at a management level
- 5+ years of strategic planning consulting experience
- Strong knowledge/capability around governance and board development and fundraising support consulting activities
- Ability to facilitate and work with diverse groups of people, projects and organizations found in the nonprofit sector
- Proven ability to complete projects on time and within projected budget
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Masters preferred: Bachelor’s degree required