Food Service Attendant
- Experience Level
PLEASE APPLY ON-LINE AT https://www.wesleywoods.org/employment
Talmage Terrace is a senior living community in Athens' tree-lined Beechwood neighborhood with walking distance to restaurants and movie theaters. All meals are served restaurant- style in a beautiful dining room with a relaxed atmosphere.
Full-time employees will receive first day Medical/Dental/Vision, Life Insurance and a complete benefits package (to include Paid Time Off). There is also a 403B Retirement Plan with a company match after 1 year of service and an additional 2% employer contribution.
Under the direct supervision of the Food Services Manager or appointed supervisor, the Food Services Attendant assists in the portioning, assembling and or serving meals for geriatric residents, following established procedures.
• Welcome patrons and customers as they arrive.
• Direct and escort guests to their seats
• Provide menus and suggest menu items
• Provide detailed information on menu items
• Suggest daily specials
• Serve welcome drinks and take orders
• Repeat orders to ensure accuracy
• Relay orders to the kitchen and ensures that all orders are delivered on time
• Ensure the accuracy and quantity of every order
• Serve food as it arrives and refills glasses
• Prepare tables by laying tablecloth and dishes
• Offer desserts and drinks to patrons
• Clean tables and dining areas including counters
• Deliver food items to tables in a professional and timely manner
• Ensure that food presentation is up to the mark
• Maintain appropriate stock levels
• Provide customers with checks and take payments
• Attempt to up-sell food and beverage items
- One to two years experience in fine dining food service, preferably in retirement center environment. Ability to read diet cards and menus.
- The ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English. Experience in a retirement community preferred. Current CPR and/or First Aid will be required.
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds; to bend, stoop and twist.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Normal long term geriatric health care residence and health care environments. May be required to wear uniform.
Wesley Woods does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
The above statements are intended to generally describe the work being performed by people to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills, required of the personnel so classified. Based on established department or facility standards, employees may not perform all the duties listed in this job description.
All job applicants applying for Wesley Woods Senior Living will undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment. All offers of employment with Wesley Woods are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in vaccines programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. TB).